St Petersburg Russia

Does anyone know of a place to train at or around the University of St. Petersburg? Looking for anything, judo, sambo etc. I will be there for 6 weeks this summer studying. Thanks

Mockba,

Send me your contact information at sonnon@amerross.com, if you want Judo, Sambo and ROSS.

frat.,

s

Hey Scott! how are you?

Is it expensive to stay in St. Petersburg?? I may be going there this summer with my class (at University). It'd be cool to catch some training. Maybe visit Red Devil ;-)

Got any advice for me??

Cheers

-Jakob

Team Scandinavia

Jakob, depends on the quality of accommodations. If you jump a place at the Karelia, it's about $30/day, including 3 meals. Not a bad place.

Sounds good ;-) I've never tried Sambo/Sombo before. Are there any nice schools I should visit if I get there? And will it add something to my BJJ/Wrestling/Kickboxing angle? I've heard it's wrestling/judo with killer leglocks or something to that effect ;-)

Whatever happened to your seminar in Scandinavia, by the way? I heard you couldn't go, but did you reschedule or cancel?

Cheers

-Jakob

PS! I just won my first Am Shooto match a couple of weeks ago - wooohoo :-)

Did you fight in holland at the amatuer shooto show? i was there

yeah, I fought there - in Bergen op Zoom ;-) I was the very last fight. I won in 32 seconds by armbar against a guy from Chakuriki.

i remember you, you fought smouth.

Jakob, congrats on your success. I'm too busy with my AN-TERR/SUB-CON business in my country to conduct international ROSS events.

J,
What i forgot to post that a friend of mine took pics at the event, you can view them here

http://www.martialsites.com/vechtsportnu/photogallery/shooto3maart/index.html

thanks a lot, player! ;-) I'm trying to get a fight this summer in MD. Hope to be back in Holland this fall sometime. I'd love to come back ;-)

thanks Scott! ok, too bad, I was hoping to learn some new angles on my game from you ;-/ I'm hopefully going to the US this summer to say hi to Jeff Miller and Kirik and I hope I get a fight as well - we'll see!

-Jakob

damn, my class decided on going to Praha instead... guess i'll stay home and train, then go to the US...