St. Pierre = future champ

"He was beating Hughes in every aspect of that fight before getting caught."

As a Canadian, im stoked as anyone about GSP but people take this Hughes fight way too far. Yes, he was doing well but did not have Hughes in any sort of trouble and "before he got caught" which happened in the first round lets not forget, he was on his back, which isnt the best place to be against Matt Hughes.

GSP, along with Karo and Nick Diaz, all 3 of them are about the same age, I believe (23 or so) are the future of the WW div. but I would still pick Hughes and Trigg to beat all of them right now. Why and how would Trigg beat GSP? Same way he beats everyone else except Hughes imo.

"I would pay large sums of money to hear St. Pierre say, "YOU KNOWWWWWWW!" in his French accent"

• LOL.

I would also look for GSP to become possibly the most rounded fighter in the game too, as imo, he is among them already. The simply has offence in every area of the game. His heart is yet to be tested but Im sure we'll get to see that test somewhere done the line soon (perhaps against someone like Trigg).

I think, like he said himself, one of his biggest weapons is his "rhythm" or dynamic tempo. The guy is just all over the ring and can threaten you with anything so quickly. Even in his last fight, he showed some new deadly weapons in his elbows, which is one of his training partners, Dave Louisseau's trademarks.

Standing, the guy moves so well and can shoot a quick double or swing that reverse round house at you. On the ground, he can smash you with the bows or even as Miller said himself, "he's got some sick passing skills" too.

St. Pierre vs. Trigg would be a VERY good fight.
Anyone dissing Trigg is delusional.
He schooled Dennis Hallman and Verisimo in his two fights leading up to Matt Hughes.
Hughes has his number that is all.

St. Pierre is an awesome fighter but Trigg is an animal.

It would be too close to call IMO.

I say Trigg beats every WW except Hughes (including Sherk) imo.

GSP has better standup than Trigg, and as for aggression, re-watch his fight with Hieron.

Hughes was unable to hurt GSP at all from the top, whereas he easily got Trigg to roll over and give up the choke both times. GSP also took Hughes down seeingly easily, and got up from his takedown without too much effort.

I give this one to St.P -- but by no means an easy fight.

If this fight happened a few fights in the future, it would be all St. P, but if it happens next, it could go either way.

St. P has the stand-up and has proven able to take down even Hughs -- no mean feat. Clinch takedowns I'd give to Trigg, but to clinch you have to bridge the distance, and he's going to eat shots on the way in.

If Georges can get Trigg on his back, especially in the centre of the ring, it's going to be a long night at the after-party for Trigg, but if Trigg can bull St. P into the fence, clinch and take him down against the fence, he can do some serious G&P while St. P's mobility is hampered -- and once Trigg lets his hands go, expect a quick stoppage.

To win this fight, Trigg has to clinch, takedown and crowd St. P and then go nuts with the GnP -- if he takes his time in any stage of the game, he'll lose.

Georges, on the other hand, needs to be patient, but still explode when he gets Trigg in trouble -- and that last part's something that he's been lacking somewhat. He knocked out Heiron 3 times in the same fight, and only really followed up on the last one. Likewise, he hurt Hughes with the kick but didn't follow-up. If he hurts Trigg and then crowds him, I see Trigg covering up for a ref stoppage. Likewise, if he takes him down and G&P's him, look for some elbows and minislams for the stoppage.

That's my ramble for today. Here's hoping they headline a UFC soon!

it will be a good fight... and it should happen before St-Pierre gets another title shot

I too think Georges will be champ soon, he has all the
tools, and then some.

GSP= terminator

I like his attitude a lot.