The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

1 Like

Very much so.

1 Like
4 Likes

By, ‘none of them guys’, I assume he is referring to Rolly Romero, Barios and Isaac Cruz.

2 Likes

Rolly Romero actually has some good tools, but he recently got “canceled” (something I’d never thought I’d see in boxing) and will have trouble getting big fights.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Burgos what the hell?

5 Likes

Burgos is a free spirit! He dances to his own rhythm, like a twirling leaf in the wind!

4 Likes

Kim with wisdom, as usual.

4 Likes

Shut up Steve

1 Like

Burgos over here stomping on your turf Barry!!

3 Likes

Like a leaf in the wind, he needs to blow away.

3 Likes

ice cube film GIF

3 Likes

Steve is correct though.

2 Likes

Well yea… 10 other media related people said the same. There’s nothing mind blowing he said. He’s the Kenny Florian of the boxing world

2 Likes

ricky-boyz-n-the-hood
BURGOOOOOS!!!

6 Likes

Lol

4 Likes

Tank is big in the black/hip hop community so he seems like a bigger star than he is.

He’s banking on his fights being an event where black celebs go to see and be seen.

But I don’t see how he monetizes that without fighting somebody relevant.

5 Likes

Zab Judah already had that following. But Zab had the balls to fight anyone.

4 Likes

Agreed. Tank is an exciting fighter. He is similar to Canelo, in some ways. His style, patience, and ability to finish.

However, recently Floyd blamed others for his lack of universal appeal. Blamed reporters for Tank not being in PPV top ten, blamed people focusing on Canelo as a star, when there are other stars.

However, it’s just because he is not fighting top guys. Canelo became a star after fighting Mayweather, GGG, Cotto etc. He didn’t start out with the power he does now.

If Tanks fights Lomachenko, every boxing fan would watch that fight. And if he won, he would be a true star. And if he lost, as Caenlo did to Floyd, he would be more well known.

This ‘avoid losses at all costs’, can have some benefits. But so can the other routes.

5 Likes