The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Beterbiev v Fanlong finalized for March 

Anyone got any info on Blair cobb,he seems pretty good

Dazn banking on these YouTube clowns lol what a joke. Anybody watching the Ryan garcia fight?

They are more concerned with the 4 million Instagram followers Ryan Garcia has than his skills. DAZN is getting weird at this point.

Ryan has legit power ...we still need to see him go a full hard 10-12 rounds ...IMO he still loses against any of the current champs in his division 

Yea I’ll be excited when he steps up 

Bukkaked by Bombers -

Haven’t heard of him 

Just saw the post fight shananagans... so Oscar is reserving Garcia vs Linares this summer at the Staples. If true I can get behind that. 

Barry_BondsMVP -

Any of the UK guys on here hear why Callum Smith turned down a Canelo fight?

Same with anything in boxing, money. Smith and Saunders both after the fight but think golden boy is likely offering fuck all to take it. Easy from the outside to say take the fight still, cos if either win then they’re made, but if they lose (which is highly likely if they fight in Vegas) then could massively impact their careers for not enough compensation. 

monry rules unfortunately 

Douche -

Damn. I still don’t think Ryan Garcia is all that good but that was a nasty knockout. I’d like to see him fight Linares.

Bukkaked by Bombers -

fun fighter I think he can be champ some day but tough devision

1 Like

Garcia is very legit. His level of competition has been stagnant ever since he fought Velez, but that’s understandable considering he beat Velez at age 19 which is ridiculous.

Javier Fortuna would be a real nice step-up fight for him. Skilled veteran who would test his boxing and probably try to rough him up a bit.

Barry_BondsMVP -

Russell needs to step up after tomorrow.

i dont wear a cup doing kyoshin karate sparring the little girls i think its adrenaline ?. . 

arc123 -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Any of the UK guys on here hear why Callum Smith turned down a Canelo fight?

Same with anything in boxing, money. Smith and Saunders both after the fight but think golden boy is likely offering fuck all to take it. Easy from the outside to say take the fight still, cos if either win then they’re made, but if they lose (which is highly likely if they fight in Vegas) then could massively impact their careers for not enough compensation. 

monry rules unfortunately 

Do you believe they were offered 3x more than they’ve made in previous fights?

I did like Cobb’s walkout to sexy boy lol

Tomato Can - Garcia is very legit. His level of competition has been stagnant ever since he fought Velez, but that's understandable considering he beat Velez at age 19 which is ridiculous.

Javier Fortuna would be a real nice step-up fight for him. Skilled veteran who would test his boxing and probably try to rough him up a bit.

Sounds like he’s getting Linares next 

Marial Arts -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Russell needs to step up after tomorrow.

i dont wear a cup doing kyoshin karate sparring the little girls i think its adrenaline ?. . 

Excuse my ignorance, but I’m super confused bruh lol, is this a metaphor or parable?

Barry_BondsMVP - 
Tomato Can - Garcia is very legit. His level of competition has been stagnant ever since he fought Velez, but that's understandable considering he beat Velez at age 19 which is ridiculous.

Sounds like he’s getting Linares next 

Didn’t Linares move to 140?