The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Even if it lands on the arm and is effectively blocked, it could allow the opponent to move in.

Barry_BondsMVP - 

What would you tell your fighter to try and exploit Dory?

Thanks for asking.

Oh I see Dory did a pretty good job of answering.

He covered most of it so lets leave it at that .

Has anyone seen Tyler Howard fight? 18-0 white middleweight from Tennessee like Plant. Is he any good?

Stern -

Has anyone seen Tyler Howard fight? 18-0 white middleweight from Tennessee like Plant. Is he any good?

Never heard of him 

Wilder or Fury this weekend?

Barry_BondsMVP -

Fury

I think Wilder needs to jump on Fury early if he wants that KO. Letting Fury get into a rhythm and rack up rounds won’t help Wilder, Fury will box more cautiously late and the fight could be boring if Wilder waits around and tries to find that one opening.  

I think that Fury takes it, but I wouldn’t be willing to lay money on it. I think that Fury is the more skilled. I also think that he does have the power to hurt Wilder.

However, Wilder’s power is amazing. I also think that he is a better boxer than people think. People see highlights of Wilder swinging wild when he is finishing fights, but that isn’t the way he usually boxes. He has a good jab, a nice jab hook combo, moves well, and can hurt anyone with his right hand.

That said, I still think that Fury will win and make Wilder look bad in the process, but if I am wrong, I wouldn’t be that surprised.

Barry_BondsMVP -

Wilder 

Idk I want to say Fury is gonna win but just so hard to count out Wilder with that one shot night ending ability. 

I'm gonna say Wilder here but it's a tough one 

Wilder. I know Fury is a bit of an oddball but he just seems off to me this time around. I think he gets caught.

looks like it’s Canelo v BJS in May

How the hell is this a “big fight”? It’s Canelo’s weakest opponent since Rocky Fielding.

It would of been a bigger fight if it was at 160.

Billy Joe is awesome. I expect him to outbox Alvarez. He’ll probably get robbed of a decision though.

I think if Billy Joe can give Canelo some serious problems if he’s tip-top shape. He’s going to have a hard time getting a decision though.

BJS has looked like a warmed over turd in his last 2 fights and Canelo will steamroll him if he looks anything like that against him.

Billy Joe is a Friday Night fighter. He fights to his level of competition. I expect that, if the fight actually comes through, Billy Joe will represent himself well in the ring.

Dory - Billy Joe is awesome. I expect him to outbox Alvarez. He'll probably get robbed of a decision though.

No one at 160-168 would outbox Canelo. He’s skill level is too high and he’s too sharp and accurate. 

2 Likes
pharochuck -
Dory - Billy Joe is awesome. I expect him to outbox Alvarez. He'll probably get robbed of a decision though.

No one at 160-168 would outbox Canelo. He’s skill level is too high and he’s too sharp and accurate. 

But, Billy...my good man, has that Rocky factor that could make it interesting if he comes in motivated and has the fight of his life. 

Canelo is not going to take him seriously, I can tell you that.  This is a payday fight for Canelo, to stay busy.  Billy Joe can cap on that attitude, he's going to be underestimated.  He has everything to gain by bringing the fight of his life, even if he loses.

The Rocky factor is real.