The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Who has Canelo taken lightly? Every fight he’s trying to kill his opponent lol. 

Billy Joe’s footwork is good. He is mobile. He is hard to hit.

Canelo’s weakest area (not that it is that weak) is his mobility. Yes, he got a decision, but in his last fight with Golovkin, GGG moved, didn’t get caught much, and outboxed Canelo from the outside.

Saunders moves better than GGG.

Dory - Billy Joe's footwork is good. He is mobile. He is hard to hit.

Canelo’s weakest area (not that it is that weak) is his mobility. Yes, he got a decision, but in his last fight with Golovkin, GGG moved, didn’t get caught much, and outboxed Canelo from the outside.

Saunders moves better than GGG.

I can see the first fight being controversial, but not the second. GGG got outboxed, and Canelo was the aggressor walking him down the whole fight. I think that caught GGG off guard, he wasn’t expecting Canelo to basically be GGG lol.

pharochuck -
Dory - Billy Joe is awesome. I expect him to outbox Alvarez. He'll probably get robbed of a decision though.

No one at 160-168 would outbox Canelo. He’s skill level is too high and he’s too sharp and accurate. 

The guys at 147-154 though are big trouble for him. Floyd, and I thought Lara beat him. Trout gave him a lot of trouble and litle old Cotto fought him A LOT closer than the judges had it.

It's weird to say, but Canelo is one of the most overrated current fighters. But he is also underrated too in many ways. He has most definitely developed into a very slick defensive fighter. From the guy I watched on GBP undercards 10-12 years, he is a totally different fighter. I think he is somewhat limited on offense with extremely overrated power. His KO's are almost always against smaller fighters. Fielding is terribe and Kirkland has no defense and an even worse chin. And Kovalev? Completely washed up. He is not even remotely comparable now to the fighter that many think beat Andre Ward. And  nobody will ever convience me otherwise that GGG is nothing but an overrated can crusher. 

I'll take Wilder too. I think Fury is going to try to get too cute being slick and trying to make Wilder look bad making him miss. Wilder started figuring out that Fury was dipping to his right, and its how he caught him in the 12th. If Wilder lands that right hand on his chin, we know what tends too happen. I'm excited for this fight.

I had GGG winning both bouts against Alvarez.

As to Fury vs Wilder, I really expect Fury to take the fight to the inside. It wouldn’t surprise me if roughing up Wilder on the inside takes Wilder off his game.

Dory - I had GGG winning both bouts against Alvarez.

As to Fury vs Wilder, I really expect Fury to take the fight to the inside. It wouldn’t surprise me if roughing up Wilder on the inside takes Wilder off his game.

that would be completely against the mentality that he's shown so far. he was a mover against wlad and wilder and has shown a tendency to move in all his fights. thus having such a poor knock out percentage for being a bear of a man. so i'm not buying that brideg he' trying to sell that he's about ot go blood and guts on saturday.

plus i think it would be suicidal for anyone to come at wilder

I think wilder catches him. Prob round 9. Fury will prob win 7 of those rounds. 

I got Wilder by KO

looking forward to the fight

It would be suicide for anyone to slug with Wilder at range, but Fury can crowd him to take away his power. Now, I fully expect Fury to do a little jabbing, feinting, and moving, but I would not be at all surprised if he tried to shake it up by getting in close - inside Wilder’s power - and trying to rough Wilder up on the inside.

Barry! Comments?

https://youtu.be/L1DVen82qhI

I have not seen any of those fighters but for me Erickson Lubin looks like must see tv. I want to see people fucking destroyed

morse -

Barry! Comments?

https://youtu.be/L1DVen82qhI

Thanks for posting, I’ll watch when I have some down time 

Fury 273

Wilder 231 

Wilder said he would be heavier 

Fury a lot heavier as well, not sure that’s smart. Unless he plans to smother Wilder and make it ugly. 

I think Wilder will look to attack that eye with his jab and try to re-open that cut. 

Hey guys, does anyone know how to order the PPV in Canada without cable? I can’t figure it out for the life of me and I’m starting to stress! 

DARTHHOGAN -

Hey guys, does anyone know how to order the PPV in Canada without cable? I can’t figure it out for the life of me and I’m starting to stress! 

If you have a smart tv you need either the fox sports go app or espn+. Not sure if you need to have a monthly subscription to fox sports go to order, but you do with ESPN+

We going to be in this thread tonight ?

Anyone going to watch ?

Anyone pulling for the Gypsy King ?

Or everyone all in on the loud guy from Alabama ?

boxing wiz -
pharochuck -
Dory - Billy Joe is awesome. I expect him to outbox Alvarez. He'll probably get robbed of a decision though.

No one at 160-168 would outbox Canelo. He’s skill level is too high and he’s too sharp and accurate. 

The guys at 147-154 though are big trouble for him. Floyd, and I thought Lara beat him. Trout gave him a lot of trouble and litle old Cotto fought him A LOT closer than the judges had it.

It's weird to say, but Canelo is one of the most overrated current fighters. But he is also underrated too in many ways. He has most definitely developed into a very slick defensive fighter. From the guy I watched on GBP undercards 10-12 years, he is a totally different fighter. I think he is somewhat limited on offense with extremely overrated power. His KO's are almost always against smaller fighters. Fielding is terribe and Kirkland has no defense and an even worse chin. And Kovalev? Completely washed up. He is not even remotely comparable now to the fighter that many think beat Andre Ward. And  nobody will ever convience me otherwise that GGG is nothing but an overrated can crusher. 

No they aren’t. The Canelo of today would easily beat anyone at 147-154.

williepep - We going to be in this thread tonight ?

Anyone going to watch ?

Anyone pulling for the Gypsy King ?

Or everyone all in on the loud guy from Alabama ?

I like both, want to see a good fight. In LA for the weekend but my sister in law is ordering the fight