The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Stern -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Wilder is going to exercise his rematch clause, claims his 45 pound suite he wore weakened his legs lol. Come on bruh. 

Holy shit that is hilarious. That’s one of the more creative excuses I’ve heard. Maybe the best since Haye’s toe

Haye’s toe was hilarious, and when he showed the pic of it, that took it over the top 

I think Wilder should fight Ruiz next. 

williepep -
Randy Watson - 
stillmatic - Wilder seemed totally unprepared for Fury's aggression.

That and the utter lack of fear for his right hand.

I am sure there are better examples, but is this a little bit like the firs time someone backed up Tyson ? I know Tyson was slipping technically especially defensive by the point that Riddick got to him, but seemed like once the aura was gone and people stopped "fighting scared " there was a better shot at beating him.

When did Riddick ever fight Tyson? And Tyson wasn't ever really pushed backwards by anyone. Buster met him with jabs and uppercuts coming in. Evander met him, but never really forced him back. Same with Lennox. Him and Riddick never fought.

Barry_BondsMVP -

I think Wilder should fight Ruiz next. 

Great matchup. In shape Ruiz would be a very good value bet. Wilder isn't going to ever have the jab or movement that AJ used.

Man that excuse is pathetic. 

boxing wiz - 
williepep -
Randy Watson - 
stillmatic - Wilder seemed totally unprepared for Fury's aggression.

That and the utter lack of fear for his right hand.

I am sure there are better examples, but is this a little bit like the firs time someone backed up Tyson ? I know Tyson was slipping technically especially defensive by the point that Riddick got to him, but seemed like once the aura was gone and people stopped "fighting scared " there was a better shot at beating him.

When did Riddick ever fight Tyson? And Tyson wasn't ever really pushed backwards by anyone. Buster met him with jabs and uppercuts coming in. Evander met him, but never really forced him back. Same with Lennox. Him and Riddick never fought.

I was talking about the character that Vin Diesel played.

Now that you mention it I was speaking of Douglas.

Opponents prior to the names you mentioned all fought scared.

Barry_BondsMVP - 
IronHands -

It was a good stoppage by Breland. He protected his fighter from further punishment with the outcome all but inevitable at that point. A corner stoppage is better than a KO or ref stoppage from a marketing perspective for the third fight. 

He cut ties with Breland because of it

That is pathetic and sad.

In between rounds Wilder was trying to quit on his stool, his manager as was just too dumb and proud to realize it.

Funny to hear Andre Ward pointing out how they were not even working on Wilder’s injuries.

Breeland seems to be the only person trying to protect Wilder.

Breland wanted to stop it before the last round. You could see him giving to Dr the look to stop it, but he didnt want to make it obvious. Fuck Jay Deas or whatever his name. He claims to be one of Deontay's day ones, but Breland showed more compassion for Wilder than he ever would. He's fallen in love with his fighter and too blind to see reality. He is dangerous in the corner. Wilder needs to take 6-9 months off, then work on basics. All he needs his a steady and straight jab, and carry his righthand higher so he can shoot it straight behind his jab. He'll always have his hands full with Fury, but almost everyone else he can make things much more simple with some basics. I know none of this is ever going to happen though.

Wilder has a pretty good jab and a great right hand. He does need to work on some basics, but if I were training him, it would be footwork that we worked on most. He keeps his feet too wide. This helps his power but greatly limits his mobility. I would work him on how to move back, create an angle, and have his feet in position to throw a right hand.

I also think he could use some back to the basics on counter work. I would not go too fancy, but he needs to have a couple of slip counters and some block and counters.

I think Wilder is what he is at this point in his career. People forget he’s 34 but what he has is good enough to beat pretty much everyone other than Tyson Fury.

Dory - Breland really improved Wilder's boxing and he looked out for his safety. It is a shame that they let him go.

Yep.

The other guy is a local former sports reporter that opened a boxing gym years ago.

I trained or worked out at a “rival” gym a town or so away.

Just meant only 1 of 2 or 3 total gyms around.

The people with boxing experience even in that small environment made fun of the guy’s lack of experience.

I think it is showing now for sure. I mean the manager/trainer.

Brerland was doing the right thing.

If he learned how to use angles or throw check hooks he could of avoided Fury’s pressure. But like you guys said his foot work is elementary. 

boxing wiz -

Breland wanted to stop it before the last round. You could see him giving to Dr the look to stop it, but he didnt want to make it obvious. Fuck Jay Deas or whatever his name. He claims to be one of Deontay's day ones, but Breland showed more compassion for Wilder than he ever would. He's fallen in love with his fighter and too blind to see reality. He is dangerous in the corner. Wilder needs to take 6-9 months off, then work on basics. All he needs his a steady and straight jab, and carry his righthand higher so he can shoot it straight behind his jab. He'll always have his hands full with Fury, but almost everyone else he can make things much more simple with some basics. I know none of this is ever going to happen though.

Yep. Deas was so in love with wilder power and was sitting there with blond optimism that wilder would pull it out. 

Reality was, wilder was off from opening bell and was battered. He wasn’t coming back this time. The deluded trainer was going to let him get his brains beat in 

Barry_BondsMVP -

If he learned how to use angles or throw check hooks he could of avoided Fury’s pressure. But like you guys said his foot work is elementary. 

That’s what I was thinking in the other thread where guys are saying fury could beat Lennox.

Lennox footwork and balance were to good to be completely taken out of his game by being forced to go on back leg and Lennox left hook would have made that whole thing fury was doing be ineffective 

In late. Sad they let Breland go.  Never subscribed to this go out on your sheild stuff.  Yeah don't give up for sure, and Wilder didn't but it's those who aren't getting punched in the head repeatedly that should be deciding to throw in the towel.  Well some of them anyway... 

![](upload://zXRUHcK5j3VKbasR6A0IfdyJSQl.png)

![](upload://ndAak4RaEddTFoOqc7A0OATiUut.png)

Never listened to Spence speak, only watched him fight, but it looks like it's a good job he made it as a boxer.  What reason is there to shit on Brook?  He's finished at the top level, it's not as if theyre going to fight again. 

I see Khan chipped in too, laughable given how much he's ducked Brook.

pharochuck -

What the hell is that pic of lol

Barry_BondsMVP -
pharochuck -

What the hell is that pic of lol

I had a look on his Twitter. It's his new chain which is designed from his finish on Brook.