The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Anybody think Vargas beats Mikey?

Ausländer -

Never listened to Spence speak, only watched him fight, but it looks like it's a good job he made it as a boxer.  What reason is there to shit on Brook?  He's finished at the top level, it's not as if theyre going to fight again. 

I see Khan chipped in too, laughable given how much he's ducked Brook.

Brook has been calling him out pretty regularly on social media for a while now and saying his win is tainted due to brook was still injured 

Ausländer -
Barry_BondsMVP -
pharochuck -

![](upload://zXRUHcK5j3VKbasR6A0IfdyJSQl.png)

What the hell is that pic of lol

I had a look on his Twitter. It's his new chain which is designed from his finish on Brook.

Oh ok lol thanks 

Brook just needs to fight Khan already so both can retire 

I think these types of fights favor Garcia. It’s the quick footed athletic types that give him issues. 

SandBlaster -

Anybody think Vargas beats Mikey?

I love Mikey, but I think he has slowed down a lot. He finally made the money he was wanting all the years with Top Rank. I think Vargas lacks real speed, but his natural size advantage is going to trouble Mikey. His righthand has some pop in it. Mikey seems slower on his feet and doesn't close the distance great against taller fighters. It's a very good matchup. 

1 Like

Might throw a little change on Vargas. At +400 I think it’s worth it. 

I thought Mikey didn't look good at the weighin. He is soft (for an elite World boxer) and seems complacent. He is a master of his craft, he rarely makes mistakes and has nearly perfect fundamentals. His weakness is the lack of any strength and conditioning. Even as good as he is, the gap is to big when he is trying to fight extremely strong, fast and athletic guys like Spence who are well trained boxers. He is the better schooled fighter, but his lack of hand and foot speed really hurt him. At 130-135lbs, Mikey had huge punching power and looked fast enough to land his punches. Against Spence especially, and even Easter and Lipinets Mikey seemseetoo flatfooted and overall just sluggish. His is older now and returned from being away for over two years. I don't think he ever really loved fighting, Robert didn't. Mikey learned to fight because it was the family business. He fought because he was good and it was a way to make a living. He drives Lambo's now, the real hunger is gone. Saying this isn't a knock on Mikey at all. It's just the reality. I hope Mikey has solid investments so he'll never sweat money or have to contemplate returning after he does retire.

OK so Garcia Vargas fight is Saturday ? I have not been keeping up with schedules so thanks for the reminder.

I didn’t expect Mikey to be such a big favorite -500

This is kinda a meh fight for me

Yea I don’t have an active DAZN subscription and even with Yafai/Gonzo this didn’t really inspire me to fire one back up.

It’s kind of a meaningless welterweight fight between 2 guys who aren’t serious contenders in that weight class. Hell, Mikey’s best weight was probably 126/130.

^^^ I have the annual subscription and made a thread that I am not sure what to do with it or what it is good for.

Received it as a gift when I wanted to watch a Cinnamon fight.

williepep - ^^^ I have the annual subscription and made a thread that I am not sure what to do with it or what it is good for.

Received it as a gift when I wanted to watch a Cinnamon fight.

I basically treat it like a series of $20 PPVs that I buy a few of per year. On a month-to-month basis it doesn’t seem worth it to me.

ESPN+ I keep around more because it’s just so dirt cheap and there are constant UFC events in addition to boxing.

williepep - OK so Garcia Vargas fight is Saturday ? I have not been keeping up with schedules so thanks for the reminder.

Tonight 

I bought DAZN when it was like $99 for the whole year, so essentially it was like $8 a month. 

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I bought DAZN when it was like $99 for the whole year, so essentially it was like $8 a month. 

Yes same. I received it as a gift so I could watch Cinamon fight the guy that Andre Ward defeated for Cinamon

Chocolatito Baby!! Currently in the 8th, my man has the edge and is wearing on Yafai. I took Gonzalez in the 4th, so missed that one in my boxing pool, but will gain points with the win, and more with a finish.

Then Mikey Garcia by decison!

DAMN! Knockdown for Chocolatito while I was typing, right at the end of the 8th.

WOW!!! Nice right hand to finish it early in the 9th. Poor strategy on this night by Yafai!

That Madrimov is a god damn beast

I see a few posts discussing DAZN above, making me realize that this fight is probably on DAZN, meanwhile I'm sitting here streaming it of whatever site like a fool while I continue to play $20.00 a month for DAZN which I haven't even looked at since the Superbowl. That's not smart. I'm not smart.