The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Per TMZ (I cringed writing that), Mayweather's baby mama was found dead in her car. 40 years old. 3 kids in common. There goes her lawsuit. 

And maybe Floyd wasn't completely full of shit when he said all he was doing was restraining a drugged-out nutjob.

IronHands -

Per TMZ (I cringed writing that), Mayweather's baby mama was found dead in her car. 40 years old. 3 kids in common. There goes her lawsuit. 

And maybe Floyd wasn't completely full of shit when he said all he was doing was restraining a drugged-out nutjob.

Damn that’s sad, feel for the kids 

Usyk v Chisora on for May 23rd

Jeff Horn vs. Tim Tsyzu at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, April 22

1 Like

Chisora Usyk face off 

https://youtu.be/RKGdsA70RSo

Barry_BondsMVP -

Boxing Wiz I know you’re in the LA scene, this kid Brandun Lee headlines show box this Friday heard of him? 

I've seen him fight. It's difficult to gauge him because his opposition has been horrendous. I want to see him against someone who won't quit and an challenge him. I dont know how he was as an amatuer or anything. We'll see soon enough what he is about. He'll have to step up and face real opposition.

Sounded like he had a good amateur record. He won again tonight, so yea I agree let’s see when he faces a tough gate keeper 

Gervonta Davis, Leo Santa Cruz In Play For June In LA On PPV

Barry_BondsMVP -

Jeff Horn vs. Tim Tsyzu at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, April 22

Not sure it happens.  Our Prime Minister has said all non essential events/gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled.  Found it strange when they announced that fight considering.

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is meant to take on Amnat Ruonrong (spelling these from memory, so I may be way off) on April 4. It might be off due to Corona though.

Yea I was surprised Shobox still went down 

Canelo vs GGG agreed for this fall. If the fight is at 165 and up Canelo knocks him out imo 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881510-canelo-alvarez-gennady-golovkin-reportedly-agree-to-trilogy-fight-contract

Roger Mayweather has passed away...

OnlyPirateFan -

I had been expecting to hear this for awhile, but it is still sad. Say whatever you want, the guy literally and figuratively fought for everything he ever had. Its been a terrible week for Floyd.

Roger was the man

Barry_BondsMVP -

Canelo vs GGG agreed for this fall. If the fight is at 165 and up Canelo knocks him out imo 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881510-canelo-alvarez-gennady-golovkin-reportedly-agree-to-trilogy-fight-contract

Canelo wins no matter what weight 

boxing wiz -
OnlyPirateFan -

I had been expecting to hear this for awhile, but it is still sad. Say whatever you want, the guy literally and figuratively fought for everything he ever had. Its been a terrible week for Floyd.

What was wrong with him? 

dios -
boxing wiz -
OnlyPirateFan -

What was wrong with him? 

He never kept his diabetes under control, plus he was suffering from early dementia/brain trauma. He went missing when Floyd was in camp for Pacquiao.

“Most people don’t know shit about boxing”

OnlyPirateFan -

“Most people don’t know shit about boxing”

Amen