The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

If Rampage can find the motivation to get in decent shape he should survive a beat down. If he comes in like he did against Fedor he’ll get murdered

“One thing this fight has going for it Jim is that the expectations are so low it would almost have to exceed them.” Lmao!!

1 Like

If you posted this already DY my apologies. This shit is funny.

1 Like

That was a great fight indeed.

1 Like

I can’t do a whole half hr of trash talk but I’m sure it’s gold, haha. You guys think this fight will actually happen though? I’d love to see it.

1 Like

As an exhibition possibly

So Takam got his ass whooped?

Any fights on after the UFC?

No it’s a quiet night

From what I hear they want to do Tim Tszyu vs vs Liam smith, should be be a nice taste of the better opposition for Tim I think

But I don’t really know much about Liam though

No Takam was winning the early rounds. Some people had it 4-1. Then Joyce came back and started to take over. Landed about 20 unasweerd blows and ref stopped fight.

Most people say was early stoppage - including me. Takam not happy. Most people bemused.

It was the same ref who threw the towel out of the ring in Ritson vs Ponce fight.

Joyce looked well on top at the end. But Takam not down, or truly rocked. Just taking a lot of hits. Round was close to ending too.

1 Like

That’s another risk about making big bets

1 Like

I can not get over just how fucking slow Joe Joyce is

But he gets the job done. His jab,stamina,workrate,and chin will give most heavyweights problems. Guy has a granite fucking chin.

If he can take AJ’s best shots I could see him breaking Joshua down similar to the Dubois fight

2 Likes

Yeah,. I remember the first time I saw him, I did a double take. Just to see if something was wrong. lol

Like he is fighting under water. lol

1 Like

Yeah Joe Joyce’s punches look like they are moving in slow motion at one half speed.

It is unreal how slow they are. That being said, he is somehow effective and obviously has power. He looks so lethargic and slow in there it’s pretty funny.

He has other attributes though with volume, stamina, good chin. His chin will need to be made of pure iron for him to have a chance against the big dogs.

2 Likes

That stoppage was 100% too early. Takam was rocked for sure but he should have got more time to recover as he wasn’t just getting blasted out. And I had him ahead by a round or two.

1 Like

Did BT sports change their color announcer?

1 Like

I’ve seen worse stoppages. Joyce reminds me of the Diaz brothers. Their boxing isn’t pretty but mix in range, size, chin, cardio and able to catch their opponents at the end of their punches they can be effective.

1 Like