The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

I think we can all agree this same comment is usually said about the best.

Simply because no one looks like a serious contender when matched against supreme skill and preparation.

1 Like

Who would you say Crawford beat that actually posed a threat to him?

I agree he’s beaten some good quality fighters, but not great fighters that actually had a chance of beating him….no fault to him tho , there’s no one out there

2 Likes

Dios and I don’t agree on a lot… but we agree here. Just call me Trios now.

Well in fairness to your attempt to have an informed conversation, I really don’t know.

I have not kept up with all the talent out there in the last few years. Truly not informed enough of the scene to say how talented or dangerous his opposition was or if anyone is out there.

I liked his style early on and that although he has the talent to avoid the rough stuff that he will go in for the finish.

Simply put he is not afraid of a dog fight, but he is smart enough and good enough to do it strategically most of the time.

----Below is my answer for Barry----

He would whoop Canelo so line them up !

troll trolling GIF

I talked to JoJo Diaz yesterday and it sounds like he’ll be fighting Ryan Garcia. He said it is basically a done deal. I think JoJo beats him convincingly. He is the much better fighter all around. Ryan has the length, speed and one punch KO power, but JoJo is the better skilled fighter in every area. I’m shocked Ryan is going to take the fight. JoJo isn’t a big puncher and I think that’s what Ryan’s team is banking on. They probably don’t think JoJo hits hard enough to hurt him, but I think they will be surprised.

4 Likes

That’s a good fight if it is indeed true. I’m also surprised Ryan’s team agreed to this as his first fight back from his mental breakdown.

1 Like

Glad I subbed to this thread, before I never knew when boxing matches were coming up.

3 Likes

Glad to have you

2 Likes

Thanks brother

2 Likes

Who are some of your favorite active fighters you watch?

1 Like

Lomachenko, Fury, Canelo and Pacquiao fav current fighters. Looking forward to Pacquiao Crawford if that happens.

I thought that was supposed to be coming up then just heard Pacquiao fought and lost to someone else

No deep cuts. I seriously never know when boxing is on.

Will watch more when I actually know what fights are coming up and when.

Even Loma, I feel like I google his next fights and don’t find anything and a couple months later heard he just fought.

The last boxing match I saw (other than the recent sideshows), was Loma Teofimo or BJS Canelo can’t remember which was more recent.

What about yourself sir?

2 Likes

Loma, Usyk, Canelo, Inoue, Spence are my favorite active fighters currently.

If you google espn boxing schedule it’s a great source for upcoming fights.

1 Like

Just did and bookmarked it. Thank you sir!

Haven’t seen Inoue fight yet, but watched his highlights several times.

Looking forward to watching him fight.

I like to watch clips of fighters highlights or breakdowns and work the bag. Gives me new things to practice to keep from getting bored.

2 Likes

Interesting about Jo Jo and Ryan. Cool if Jojo is right.

However I heard a different story. I listened to Steve Kim, Mario Lopez podcast this week and they talked about Ryan

Mario is good friends with Oscar, and Oscar told Mario that nothing is set up for Ryan right now , and after his issues it’s all very vague and unclear.

Kim and Mario then talked for five mins about whether he really wants to be a fighter, in the same way that guy’s like Oscar did in the past.

They talked about social media, and the trappings of the fighter lifestyle being enough for some of these guys today.

Of course, I don’t know what is going to be true here.

1 Like

New talent fights this weekend. Avril Mathie.

5 Likes

I know Golden Boy put a post on Instagram last week that had a little promo video of JoJo and Ryan’s highlights and it said “who wants to see this fight.” That’s what got me thinking about it to ask JoJo about it. Nothing has been officially announced. JoJo was heading to the gym when I talked to him on tuesday. He mentioned eating strict and I asked him if he was starting camp or just being better with his diet. He said “We’re starting camp this week.” I asked him who he was fighting and he said “it looks like we got Ryan Garcia.” Like I said it has not been officially announced, but he would know who he is training for. Both are with Golden Boy and So Cal fighters, it makes sense for Golden Boy, its a big fight.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Just wonder if they can get Ryan in the ring to do it. Cool if it happens though.

1 Like

1 Like

DY3 and others def have us covered on schedules but this calendar is also pretty good.

It can sync to apps like Outlook/Exchange/Google etc.

1 Like