MMA Underground Forums

Stallone Meets Nogueira Twins

Cool Story!

Nogueira Brothers Hold Private Show for Stallone
By Marcelo Alonso (malonso@sherdog.com)
Marcelo Alonso/Sherdog.com

Sly Stallone met the
Brazilian Rocky Balboa.

<!--/PICTURE R--> Tuesday, 3:20 a.m. ET: Sylvester Stallone arrived in Rio de Janeiro last week and one of his first requests was to meet the “Brazilian Rocky Balboa,” Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

The silver screen’s most endearing underdog has started filming his new film “The Expendables,” a testosterone-fueled vehicle that will star a plethora of action stars, including Jet Li, “The Transporter” Jason Statham, and a familiar newcomer named Randy Couture. Stallone also took a private meeting with Nogueira. The former Pride and UFC champion and his brother Rogério were discreetly picked up and transported by van to Mangaratiba, a small city located an hour outside of Rio, where most of the movie will be filmed.

“We were really impressed about his knowledge of MMA. He even recognized I was Rogério and Rodrigo was Rodrigo, which is not really usual,” said the Nogueira twin, who stayed with his brother and Stallone from 8 a.m. until midnight to observe filming.

Continue Reading: » Nogueira Brothers Hold Private Show for Stallone

Wow - Stallone looks like he has 0 blood pressure problems.

when do you have time for teaching and coaching with all this internetting you do Kos??? LOL

Spring Break this week. :)

Kostakio -  Spring Break this week. :)

lucky you.... =)

lol I love it. But tomorrow on I will be with my girls so you will see me on here sparingly. Lucky you! :P

“We were really impressed about his knowledge of MMA. He even recognized I was Rogério and Rodrigo was Rodrigo, which is not really usual,” said the Nogueira twin, who stayed with his brother and Stallone from 8 a.m. until midnight to observe filming.

well ones face looks more hamburger like than the other now.

FingerorMoon -

well ones face looks more hamburger like than the other now.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HAMBURGERS

"Wow - Stallone looks like he has 0 blood pressure problems."

LOL^

Ricky Martin -  Stallone's head is growing Barry Bonds style.

+1 he is growing magician eyebrows too!!

THP - Wow - Stallone looks like he has 0 blood pressure problems.

lol... My first thoughts.

When Sly was on Letterman promoting Rambo he looked like a lobster. His neck was so purple it was alarming.

If I had my blue name still I'd post a picture of a red alarm bell.

lmao at magician eyebrows

He didn't even need to tat the parts of his sleeve red.

Very cool if he recognized the Nogueira brothers. I'd guess that most of the casual UFC fanbase don't know that even Minotauro has a brother.

DREAM - Why does Nog look older than Sly?

Fedor 3x rape,Bob Sapp's piledriver,Crocop knocking him down a billion times,Heath herrings knockdown,Tim Sylvia's knockdown and Frank Mir's asswhooping does that to you.

Is Sly standing on a stool or something? No way he's within 2-3 inches as tall as Nog.

Awesome story.

"Is Sly standing on a stool or something? No way he's within 2-3 inches as tall as Nog."

He's been using lifts in his shoes since the 70s.