Stann Feels Like He's 2 or 3 Fights b4 Title Shot

Brian Stann feels he's two or three really good guys away from a title shot

Solidsnake_tiny by Geno Mrosko

Brian Stann was recently booked for a hoedown in Texas against embattled former title contender Chael Sonnen in a bout that could very well determine the next challenger to the 185-pound crown.

But don't tell "All American" that.

Despite his current three-fight win streak (undefeated at middleweight), he seems to think he's two or even three tough guys away from a shot at gold, as told to Fight Day:

"I think I have a couple more fights regardless of what I think. I have no issues fighting anybody in the middleweight division right now. To turn down a title fight is just ridiculous at this level. Everybody has a shot to win. Especially when the champion is a guy like Anderson Silva, who does like to stand and bang et cetera, you're always going to have a puncher's chance. But for me, I know I'm going to have to fight one or two times before I get that shot at the title. I'm going to have to fight two, or maybe even three, really good guys. That's what I'm focused on right now."

Taking his comments for what they are, if he is to defeat Sonnen at UFC 136 on Oct. 8 in Houston, what tough guy would that leave for him to defeat to earn his shot at the title?

Maybe the winner of Michael Bisping vs. Jason Miller at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 14 Finale? Mark Munoz, if he's available? Someone else? You tell us, Maniacs.

stttann