Stann: "...lighterweight fighters can do stuff....

Brian Stann: "I like watching these lighterweight fighters. They can do stuff that us middleweights and heavierweight fighters can't do."

Source: http://themmareport.podbean.com/2012/08/08/the-mma-report-with-john-pollock-aug-9-2012/

WW is where it's at imo...

That's true Phone Post

lol why are some fighter less eduacated then fans. No offence to stann but take a look at HW. Almost everyone in the top 5 is well rounded. Now look at MW top 5 most havnt even beaten anyone in the top 10

But no one wants to pay to watch them headline a card. Numbers don't lie. Phone Post

Acidic - lol why are some fighter less eduacated then fans. No offence to stann but take a look at HW. Almost everyone in the top 5 is well rounded. Now look at MW top 5 most havnt even beaten anyone in the top 10

I don't think you know what Stann is talking about :( Phone Post

Acidic - lol why are some fighter less eduacated then fans. No offence to stann but take a look at HW. Almost everyone in the top 5 is well rounded. Now look at MW top 5 most havnt even beaten anyone in the top 10

What the fuck? Phone Post

if im off then someone please explain to me what they cant do that lighter fighters can?

How about the Showtime kick, or GSP's patented post fight back flip.

Lighter weight fighters are more athletic, more agile and more nimble. Heavies are tougher, more durable, but less entertaining over the total duration of a fight.

Watch dominic cruz and mighty mouse or anthony pettis

Insane pace amount of fakes, strikes, fast transitions from strikes to takedowns or kicks from nowhere Phone Post

like point fight?

Um Az Combat sports fighter John Moraga just put a highlight ko on underground
Uly Gomez. Did you all forget that one?

kneedy - How about the Showtime kick, or GSP's patented post fight back flip.

Lighter weight fighters are more athletic, more agile and more nimble. Heavies are tougher, more durable, but less entertaining over the total duration of a fight.

Shawn Jordan does post fight backflips too. Phone Post

Acidic - lol why are some fighter less eduacated then fans. No offence to stann but take a look at HW. Almost everyone in the top 5 is well rounded. Now look at MW top 5 most havnt even beaten anyone in the top 10

... what an oddly timed rant.

Brian Stann is a good guy though he isn't just going to trash a weight class

Little men feel they have something to prove so they try all that flashy spinning stuff. Plus they can afford to lose what little energy they waste whilst trying some fly move.

Big guys command more respect and naturally are more fearsome. However they have to conserve energy, using it sparingly. They can't afford to throw a wild spinning backfist, miss and fall over. That could spell the end. Phone Post

a UG'er did the statistical work on the weight classes like 6 months back. It showed a nearly linear, and quite dramatic dropoff in sub and KO finishes as you move towards the lighter weight classes.

That's why I prefer WW & up. Having said that, I also have some guys at 145 that I like, such as Charles Oliveira and TKZ.