Stark contrast in your life?

Are there any two aspects of your life that are in stark contrast to each other? I was driving home from work today and my pager went off for a medical call.

so I was literally being a nerd configuring a Cisco server and then 45 minutes later I was in the back of an ambulance putting on an air way and bagging a patient. It just really struck me as wierd how different those two thing are.

you guys have any similar examples from your life? Doesn't have to be a job thing, just two different aspects of life that are very different 

Sometimes I have sex with gals

but mostly I bang guys

I do several shots every night, but then wake up early and train hard as shit. Does that count?

What's your medical background Jason?

im a tax accountant and im under the age of 65

I forgot you were doing that. Are you a medic or emt b. Do you like it? That's what it's like being a fireman to a T. Chill out all day and night then the next minute your either working a code or in a structure fire. It's crazy, but that's why I like it.

My internal dialogue/how I interact with most people vs how I interact with my kids.  I am a pessimist and general curmudgeon, then I go pick up my kids from school and I'm completely different

i post here but am heterosexual and have a job

In

brandonrollins - What's your medical background Jason?

not much, I have been a part time firefighter for 18 months, and with that is being a certified EMT

michaelc1978 - I forgot you were doing that. Are you a medic or emt b. Do you like it? That's what it's like being a fireman to a T. Chill out all day and night then the next minute your either working a code or in a structure fire. It's crazy, but that's why I like it.

EMT-B. Being a paradmedic wouldn't really be worth the schooling unless I decided to leave the IT field

ShanTheMan - Sometimes I have sex with gals

but mostly I bang guys
Sometimes?!?! Tell me that bitches name! I'll cut her!!!

michaelc1978 - I forgot you were doing that. Are you a medic or emt b. Do you like it? That's what it's like being a fireman to a T. Chill out all day and night then the next minute your either working a code or in a structure fire. It's crazy, but that's why I like it.

I am pretty jealous. A city near by employs full time firerfighters who need to be paramedics because they run both fire and ALS. would be my dream job to leave IT and do this

I felt the same. I'm a B as well and enrolled in medic school but dropped before I had to pay. The city I work in were detailing all the fireman who were medics to the ambo all the time and I was like fuck that. Congratulations on getting hired part time. I hope you really like it and stay safe.

Most major cities only require a hs diploma, I think new york is having there test soon. Gary would know. I don't know your family situation but if it's possible to relocate that might be an option. I know you already know it is the best job in the world.

Jason -

I am pretty jealous. A city near by employs full time firerfighters who need to be paramedics because they run both fire an ALS. would be my dream job to leave IT and do this

You don't like working in tech? 

I'm a nice guy, but few people know I "OG" here...

I'm an outgoing extremely funny guy inside my head , but I am extremely introvert and socially awkward outside in reality 

NEFARIOUS - 
Jason -

I am pretty jealous. A city near by employs full time firerfighters who need to be paramedics because they run both fire an ALS. would be my dream job to leave IT and do this

You don't like working in tech? 

nope. I fucking hate it. I love the pay, benefits, schedule. just not the work

I paid for an app that is going to be cancelled on me.

Another forum has a free app that is not going to be cancelled.

Pretty stark contrast if you ask me.