Starlink Tracker

Pretty cool if you haven’t caught them crossing the sky before.

https://starlinkradar.com/livemap.html

1 Like

VU

I am very sorry to piss on your cornfakes, but that kind of 5G is very very very very controversial among the engineering community, large numbers of respected engineers and scientists have stated 24ghz band causes health problems to biological organisms. Puttint those devices up there is one of the biggest gambles humans have made, I fucking hope their trajectory does not cover Denmark.

The_Pundits_Ghost -

It’s pretty neat. I heard about it the other day, but haven’t been able to spot them yet. 

Tracker works well. It's a very short window to see them but so cool. Its incredible watching them when they launch, they take a bit to space themselves out.

Suziwu -

I am very sorry to piss on your cornfakes, but that kind of 5G is very very very very controversial among the engineering community, large numbers of respected engineers and scientists have stated 24ghz band causes health problems to biological organisms. Puttint those devices up there is one of the biggest gambles humans have made, I fucking hope their trajectory does not cover Denmark.

Oh good grief can you cancerous CTers please not infect every space thread!

Suziwu -

Lmao what is the dBm level of those compared to a cell phone against your head? Look up the SAR specs each device needs to make to be sold. 

Don't talk bulkshit 

Its pretty cool to see imo, I mean I've never seen anything like it in the sky. I took my kids outside to see them and they had no idea about it. They thought it was cool.  I was hoping we'd see them skirt across the sky for a decent distance, but they were only observable for a pretty short distance.  Not too surprising since we have tons of light pollution here. 

I really want the opportunity to show my kids a comet.  I saw Halley's comet as a little kid and also Hale Bopp.

Im really north (still dusk at 10:20) but I'm going to try to see them in about 25 minutes.

Naked eye or I need glass?

Also, check out SkyView app (free). Its pretty cool to just point your phone I'd the stars, constellations, says.

2 Likes

black89 -
Suziwu -

Lmao what is the dBm level of those compared to a cell phone against your head? Look up the SAR specs each device needs to make to be sold. 

Don't talk bulkshit 

the amount of energy it takes a phone to connect directly with a satellite vs a cell tower is exponentially greater.