Started a new business this week...

Authority Figure - 

Hands down the best looking MMA website I've ever seen. Simple, professional photography, straight to the point. Better than most sites designed to actually sell shit. 

Thanks, dude. Appreciate the compliment.

The photography was all done by Jesse Bell. His blog is: http://chilldogblog.tumblr.com. Talented dude for sure.

The site and logo was done by a friend of mine, Bryce Huskilson, who also did the FundaFighter site. Huge MMA fan and a great eye for design. We couldn't be happier with the final result.

Mike Russell - 
Authority Figure - 

Hands down the best looking MMA website I've ever seen. Simple, professional photography, straight to the point. Better than most sites designed to actually sell shit. 

The photography was all done by Jesse Bell. His blog is: http://chilldogblog.tumblr.com. Talented dude for sure.

The site and logo was done by a friend of mine, Bryce Huskilson, who also did the FundaFighter site. Huge MMA fan and a great eye for design. We couldn't be happier with the final result.

I want to hire him, contact info?

Fuckin Patrick swayze? I'm so in Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - 
Mike Russell - 
Authority Figure - 

Sorry, man. He turned down the last two referrals I gave him. He has a steady full-time gig anda family and only does this on the side. He told me yesterday he's only doing our sites for the time being. I'll ask him, though.

Nice looking site.

Funny/frustrating story about the domain name. FightEmpire was taken, but was about to expire in early May. Instead of taking our chances, I contacted the registrant (who was the third or fourth owner and whose MMA blog had been defunct for over a year), and introduced me and Miguel and explained that we would be interested in buying the name from her for a nominal amount rather than risk having it go to auction. I emailed and found her on FB, found out that she used to produce a radio show for a well-known MMA news site and saw that she was a huge fan of a certain fighter who Miguel happens to be good friends with. We then offered to send her some autographed gear as a token gift for helping us out on top of some cash. Keep in mind that it costs around $9.99 a year to own a domain.

I made the mistake of mentioning that we could buy an alternate url like a .net or .org, but would prefer the .com. No reply and a week or so later when I checked on the .net, .org, etc, I found out that this woman had purposely bought up all of them, likely so we would have to pay big bucks to buy one from her. I got THEFightEmpire.com for like $7 and sent her a cordial email wishing her luck with her stockpile of domain names, and pointed out that we'll be telling people not to mistake her url with THEFightEmpire.com. Slimey move, IMO.

Mike, people in this business and their little rip-off schemes to chisel PENNIES while tarnishing their own reputations!

Good luck with this!

Mike Russell - 
12SixElbow - 
Mike Russell - 
Authority Figure - 

Sorry, man. He turned down the last two referrals I gave him. He has a steady full-time gig anda family and only does this on the side. He told me yesterday he's only doing our sites for the time being. I'll ask him, though.

No need to be sorry, I had to ask, really clean good looking fucking site.

I just need something built, not maintained. I would of course pay.

Mike Russell - 

Funny/frustrating story about the domain name. FightEmpire was taken, but was about to expire in early May. Instead of taking our chances, I contacted the registrant (who was the third or fourth owner and whose MMA blog had been defunct for over a year), and introduced me and Miguel and explained that we would be interested in buying the name from her for a nominal amount rather than risk having it go to auction. I emailed and found her on FB, found out that she used to produce a radio show for a well-known MMA news site and saw that she was a huge fan of a certain fighter who Miguel happens to be good friends with. We then offered to send her some autographed gear as a token gift for helping us out on top of some cash. Keep in mind that it costs around $9.99 a year to own a domain.

I made the mistake of mentioning that we could buy an alternate url like a .net or .org, but would prefer the .com. No reply and a week or so later when I checked on the .net, .org, etc, I found out that this woman had purposely bought up all of them, likely so we would have to pay big bucks to buy one from her. I got THEFightEmpire.com for like $7 and sent her a cordial email wishing her luck with her stockpile of domain names, and pointed out that we'll be telling people not to mistake her url with THEFightEmpire.com. Slimey move, IMO.

haha, really slimey on her part, fucking bitch.

You offered her autographed gear? she should have just taken it, she is doing NOTHING with her url

Authority Figure - 

This man speaks the truth, and second place isn't even close.  Funny story re: the chick trying to domain squat as well, brafuckingvo Mike!

12Six if you need a designer PM me.

Thanks, guys. Really trying to make this successful and earn our good reputation in this space. Phone Post

TTT Phone Post

Patrick Swayze could've been the best for sure. Incorporating dance into his training was way ahead of his time.

GL with your site M.R.

Barbalos - Patrick Swayze could've been the best for sure. Incorporating dance into his training was way ahead of his time.

GL with your site M.R.

Thanks, man.

TTT Phone Post

TTT

sickdarce - For those of you asking about the website.
It's just a Wordpress pre made template.

Here is the link to the template.

http://themeforest.net/item/907-responsive-wp-one-page-parallax/4087140 Phone Post 3.0

Not denying we used a template as a building block for the site. We needed to keep the costs and custom coding time low as our start-up cash was minimal, so I gave the designer a list of must-haves and ideas I wanted to implement. He suggested a template as it cuts costs by 1/2 to 1/3. Not sure why more businesses don't go the template route.

Still very happy with the final result. Phone Post

sickdarce - 
Mike Russell -
sickdarce - For those of you asking about the website.
It's just a Wordpress pre made template.

Here is the link to the template.

http://themeforest.net/item/907-responsive-wp-one-page-parallax/4087140 Phone Post 3.0

Not denying we used a template as a building block for the site. We needed to keep the costs and custom coding time low as our start-up cash was minimal, so I gave the designer a list of must-haves and ideas I wanted to implement. He suggested a template as it cuts costs by 1/2 to 1/3. Not sure why more businesses don't go the template route.

Still very happy with the final result. Phone Post

Never said you denied using the template and I love your site by the way.

Also, I create sites for businesses using ONLY templates. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks dude. Templates definitely make things easy and fast. We had the site ready to go after a few nights working on it. Probably going to add a lot more, but we needed something up fast that looked professional and served the purpose.

sickdarce - Do you mind me asking what your friend would normally charge for something like that? Phone Post 3.0

PM sent.

Very nice website and good luck with your new business. Send me a message if you ever need a legal counsel in Montreal.