Started Grow Room

Hey guys. Anyone with grow ops have some advice for a first time grower? Been transforming my closest into a grow room the past couple months. So now I've got a few plants that are a couple weeks old.

Lots of info out there, specifically looking for info on topping and training, but any tricks of the trade are welcomed!

Oh I'm also looking for info on soil and fertilizer types. The soil im using right now for the first pots has high Nitrogen because it's pre fertilized. After i repot the plants I'm going with a non fertilized potting soil, and I'm switching to liquid fertilizer.

Strains i've got going right now are

-Lemon skunk

-Incredible Bulk

-Sour OG

-LSD

Using LED full spectrum lights.

2 Likes

I'm looking into starting to grow too so I'll take any advice too

2 Likes

Look into brewing teas. Its super cost efficient and great stuff. 5 gallon bucket, air stone, molasses, worm castings and maybe some liquid kelp or some guano. For like $50 you brew up thousand gallons of tea. 

Couple hours of some YouTube video you will be a tea brewing pro.

3 Likes
whimpy77 -

apparently something first time growers do often is over watering.

2 Likes

If you are dead set on buying nutrients "designed" for cannabis go with a brand like botanicare. I think they have great products for a very reasonable price.

2 Likes
itzeastman -

Look into brewing teas. Its super cost efficient and great stuff. 5 gallon bucket, air stone, molasses, worm castings and maybe some liquid kelp or some guano. For like $50 you brew up thousand gallons of tea. 

That almost went way over my head lol.

I'll probably start mixing/making my own fert after i get some of the other basic stuff down and a succesful grow under my wing.

2 Likes
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
whimpy77 -

Ya thats def a thing. At first I generally let the plant tell me when it needs water. The second I see it drooping it gets it. You want those roots to have to seek the water. 

Funny story. I quit growing in the middle of a outdoor season due to some family stuff and gave all my plants away besides one. I literally ignored the fucker for the rest of the season maybe only watering when I saw it drooping. It turned out pretty damn good and every plant I gave my friend ended up dying because he was fucking with them too much most likely over watering.

3 Likes
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
itzeastman -

That almost went way over my head lol.

I'll probably start mixing/making my own fert after i get some of the other basic stuff down and a succesful grow under my wing.

For sure man. That's a solid idea and probably recommended. After a few grows you'll prob wanna change things up to make it more interesting anyways so ya.. good idea. 

1 Like

Octopots makes overwatering impossible.    

If you are wanting to use nutes use soiless mix like promix. 

2 Likes

In

Most important factor is ventilation and odor control.

2 Likes

![](upload://maetp24yby6v1YZp18uooYe06B7.png)

grow some NL’s

1 Like

![](upload://61G9hjAlZzxsFlUCw1OHsOYKKw4.jpeg)

1 Like

Here's my closet grow. Right now I'm just preserving genetics I will prob be buying a Mars hydro 1000 or 2000 series and setting up a nicer flower area soon. 

1 Like

For nutes I would recommend dry nutes over liquid, you will be paying alot for mostly water.  Dry nutes are no different than liquid.   Jacks make a good fertilizer , anything tied to the marijuana industry will be severly overpriced.  

Jack's 20/20/20 through 2nd week of flower

Jack's 10/30/20 till the rest of the way

That will get you good results.  I wouldn't go too crazy with a bunch of different additives especially your first grow.  K.I.S.S.

1 Like

congrats

1 Like
itzeastman -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
whimpy77 -

Ya thats def a thing. At first I generally let the plant tell me when it needs water. The second I see it drooping it gets it. You want those roots to have to seek the water. 

Funny story. I quit growing in the middle of a outdoor season due to some family stuff and gave all my plants away besides one. I literally ignored the fucker for the rest of the season maybe only watering when I saw it drooping. It turned out pretty damn good and every plant I gave my friend ended up dying because he was fucking with them too much most likely over watering.

haha yeah im a little OCD with checking them right now so I hope i don't do what your friend did. I punch the soil up to my first knuckle to check if it's dry.

Something that was seemingly good about me being OCD was i noticed the sour OG started having some purple in the leaves. after some research it seemed like it had a phosorphus deficinecy. So I used some of the liquid fert I bought that only has pottasium and phosprhus in it. Suprisingly the purple went away within a day and a half so I guess I was right.

1 Like
MrSmokalotapotamus -

Make sure your environment is right. As jiu-jitsu heyzeus said overwatering will be an issue.  You want your pots very lite before watering again.   Don't chase product. The 20% more yeild every product claims is bullshit.  Not overwatering and keeping the environment right is what's important.  What lsd do you have?  I just got a lemon sour diesel plant. 

pretty sure it's Mazar-I-Sharif and Skunk #1 mix.  Lemon sour diesel sounds tasty.

1 Like
RenatoCocopreta - Most important factor is ventilation and odor control.

I set up a box fan in the door and a outlet fan in the top corner. The outlet fan blows into my bathroom. The closet and bathroom share a wall.  Ive got two activated air cleaners with HEPA filters. Ill take some pics ina few.

1 Like
sewich -

For nutes I would recommend dry nutes over liquid, you will be paying alot for mostly water.  Dry nutes are no different than liquid.   Jacks make a good fertilizer , anything tied to the marijuana industry will be severly overpriced.  

Jack's 20/20/20 through 2nd week of flower

Jack's 10/30/20 till the rest of the way

That will get you good results.  I wouldn't go too crazy with a bunch of different additives especially your first grow.  K.I.S.S.

cool ill look into jacks. from what ive read that nurtient blend and schedule sounds great, and that you wanna drop the nitrogen levels and up the pottasium during bloom.

1 Like