Starting a small screen printing biz. TME

Title says it all. Any OGers with insight? Is it best to take just take pre-orders and print as you sell? That would delay the delivery for the customers, but I'd have a better handle on my inventory. Or, premake the shirts to get them out quicker? Where's the best place to bulk order the t-shirts? What else do I need to know?

Any info would be great. I trust you all more than all of my friends!!!

Please name the company Prestige Worldwide.

Retail sucks.

See if you can wholesale.

I might get sued. I don't need Dale and Brennan on my ass. 

In. I'm just heading to bed, but I'll check back in tomorrow. I've got a small shop with screenprinting and embroidery. Phone Post 3.0

Dougie - 

Retail sucks.

See if you can wholesale.

Noted. I've thought about that too. 

willyboy - In. I'm just heading to bed, but I'll check back in tomorrow. I've got a small shop with screenprinting and embroidery. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. Any info would be great. 

This website is filled with useful info:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/

Best of luck, and have fun.

Haha, I just made a new thread about silk screening shirts.

Do you have the machine? Can you tell me about the process? Phone Post 3.0

Teespring? Phone Post 3.0

You could call it "pressed tees worldwide" Phone Post 3.0

jarroyo - You could call it "pressed tees worldwide" Phone Post 3.0

Perfect

I used screen shirts for a living. We had a small shop outside of Long Beach, CA with just one 4 station press. Most of the business we did were local musicians and events. Sometimes if there was a big show in the area, we would get some side work from local labels to run off a few hundred shirts (usually if they needed them in one day because we could set up and run them pretty quickly).

The amount of money you make depends directly on the amount of give-a-shit you put into it. It also helps if you like to stay up all night because you can screen, dry, and fold 1000 shirts in a night with just a few red bulls and some music.

This was pre-2000 btw, not sure how much has changed since.

IMO you should decide if you want your own brand or if you want to print for other people and head in that direction. If printing for other people you will not really need to have anything printed before you receive the order and people usually know there will be a delay as things are printed to order.

Www.t-shirtforums.com is a great source for both printers and people building their own brand. Good luck! Phone Post 3.0

Jabber - This website is filled with useful info:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/

Best of luck, and have fun.
Awesome! Thx Phone Post 3.0

Rick_Cain - Haha, I just made a new thread about silk screening shirts.

Do you have the machine? Can you tell me about the process? Phone Post 3.0
No machine yet. I've seen a few decent ones for around $500 Phone Post 3.0

jarroyo - You could call it "pressed tees worldwide" Phone Post 3.0
Lmfao Phone Post 3.0

VU's for all. Thanks for posting. Phone Post 3.0

My shop is in a small town in central BC. We do mostly staff team shirts and company promotional stuff. That's where the real money is. Wholesale. I can get Gildan t-shirts for around $2.75 each.
A quick 1 or 2 colour print and sell them wholesale for $11 each for 1-24, $10 for 24-48, $9 for 49-72 and $8 for more than that. Add in a $20 per screen/colour set up fee, $30/hr design fee.
With a 4 station press and a conveyor dryer I can print and dry 2-3 shirts per minute. Add in the time it takes to make the screens and fold the shirts when done and you run about $100/hr. When you're working. If I get things up and running I can put $700-800 in my pocket in a day. Phone Post 3.0

I just wish I could have full days of work lined up more often. I work 3 days a week right now. Design. 1 day, print another and knocking on doors/sales on the other.
When the kids are old enough for school, I will ramp it up and do my own designs and try to sell to smaller clothing stores at wholesale. Phone Post 3.0