Starting a Toy Importing Business. Help me OG

Back Story:

Ive mostly done nothing with my life. Career wise, anyway. Ive got an English Lit degree dodges tomato. Ive spent the last several years bumming around China, teaching English and mostly avoiding responsibility. I dont feel bad or guilty about it..probably cause im a long-time OG'r with a massive penis and a genius level IQ.

Somewhere along the way I learned to speak Mandarin and have become very familiar with life in China. (By the way, everything EvilYoshida says is horseshit)

This year I took a job in a city I've never heard of. Turns out, it's an ugly little manufacturing city, that also happend to be the epicenter of toy production. Sonething like 80% of all toys made in the world come from this dirty little shit-hole city. And everyone i meet either owns a toy factory, or is here temporarily, importing toys back to thier home country.

I want to seize this opportunity to stop being an unsuccessful liberal arts major and make the most out of this chance. Im in a unique situation because unlike most of the foreigners here, i speak chinese and can easily make friends with and learn from the locals.

But im still not sure what i should do. Buy the off-tge-shelf junk and resell in America? Try to learn about mold making and design my own toys? Import completely illegal knockoffs and sell online?

Im also know nothing about shipping internationally, customs, container ships and probably a bunch of other shit.

But im serious about this. As i learn more, im going to keep this thread updated, so you beautiful bastards can learn along with me.

Any advice? Experience? What would you do if you found yourself in a similar situation?

Make real doll knock offs.

/thread

Good luck with whatever you decide, bro. Seriously. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

So because you live in a town where toys are made and you speak the language you've decided that it'd be a good idea to start importing and selling everything they've got, I'm excited to see where this goes. Phone Post 3.0

I think it'd be a lot easier to marry one of those rich factory owners' daughters and get rich that way

I have no advice, but to say good luck man.  Sounds like a great oppertunity to at least try something. 

In for the stated above for real dolls..... Phone Post 3.0

I've been importing from China for 22 years. I have a successful business turning over about $15m. Contact me on travisma75@gmail.com if u need some advice and help. Phone Post 3.0

veritas75 - I've been importing from China for 22 years. I have a successful business turning over about $15m. Contact me on travisma75@gmail.com if u need some advice and help. Phone Post 3.0
Sounds legit Phone Post 3.0

Resell in the states while plan to start your original line man! Phone Post 3.0

Are you in ShenZhen? Phone Post 3.0

Hey I wouldn't mind having someone in China for toys as well. I currently only do consumer electronics but love the idea of toys. Phone Post 3.0

Is it just toys, or do you have access to other types of manufacturing, too?

Are you only interested in getting stuff that's already being made, or having something new/custom done? Like a slightly altered version of shit that's already available?

My initial thought is merging this with Amazon FBA.

in

done this before also

A line of toys that are also lighter covers and sit in the little boxes at gas stations could be cool.

Little evil doll characters that slip onto the lighters.

Sell them a box at a time to gas stations (there are people out there that do only this).

The box is also the display.

Remember

'

Chinese New Year

Canton Fair

Containers

Freight Forwarders

Fees

3 months shipping

blah blah

veritas75 - I've been importing from China for 22 years. I have a successful business turning over about $15m. Contact me on travisma75@gmail.com if u need some advice and help. Phone Post 3.0

boo-yaw!

Thank you sir. I'll organize my thoughts and questions a little more and send you an rmsil.

God Bless the OG

will you get in trouble for selling knock offs?

No advice unfortunately, but in for the journey. Good luck!

Get rich quick scheme:

-Get inside with a few of the toy makers.

-switch the voice recordings in the toys so that instead of saying the right things when the buttons are pushed, it says fuck her right in the pussy.
-tell us which toys to buy.

-we litigate our way to millions, and send you money. Phone Post 3.0