Starting my first full time job tomorrow

Just Finished my master's in engineering and I'm starting with my first full time job ever. To be honest I'm a bit nervous, but soo fucking excited at the same time!

I had my first job at 13 and have always worked at least 20 hours per week while studying.

I also have a part time job (10-15 hours per week) on the side right now that I can do from home, which I'm planning on to keep. Do you guys think it's gonna be too much work, or I will manage it without going down with stress? Phone Post 3.0

Totally depends on what your job entails. Will you actually be working 40 hours a week, or will you have a ton of overtime or work that needs to be done at home?

Working a 40 hour a week job and devoting 10-15 hours a week for a side job is completely doable, but a lot of full time jobs require well over 40 hours in reality.

Is it singing like an angel? Phone Post 3.0

What's your part time job?

Good luck

Sandy Pantz - What's your part time job?
I'm a business developer at an Academy that provides business and project management courses Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - Is it singing like an angel? Phone Post 3.0
Man, it would have been so awesome to have an part time job as a singer Phone Post 3.0

mghan44 - Totally depends on what your job entails. Will you actually be working 40 hours a week, or will you have a ton of overtime or work that needs to be done at home?

Working a 40 hour a week job and devoting 10-15 hours a week for a side job is completely doable, but a lot of full time jobs require well over 40 hours in reality.
I'm probably gonna be working around 45-50 hours. Per week at my full time job. Phone Post 3.0

Keep it to start but realize your full time pays the rent [and medical]. If there's any conflict quit the part time job, but try to give a weeks notice. Remember full time is priority one and devote most of your efforts here. Good luck on a long and successful career. Don't forget to start a 401k asap.

Great stuff mate! Are you gonna make a song about it?

Bangers Delight - Just Finished my master's in engineering and I'm starting with my first full time job ever. To be honest I'm a bit nervous, but soo fucking excited at the same time!

I had my first job at 13 and have always worked at least 20 hours per week while studying.

I also have a part time job (10-15 hours per week) on the side right now that I can do from home, which I'm planning on to keep. Do you guys think it's gonna be too much work, or I will manage it without going down with stress? Phone Post 3.0
As someone who worked a 40 hour job plus a pt job before it's not worth it.

I'm a comp Sci major and I had an internship that paid 3x what I was making at my pt job. Worked both and never got to see anyone. Was constantly tired and stressed.

With an engineers pay just drop the pt and enjoy life. Phone Post 3.0

siebe41 -
Bangers Delight - Just Finished my master's in engineering and I'm starting with my first full time job ever. To be honest I'm a bit nervous, but soo fucking excited at the same time!

As someone who worked a 40 hour job plus a pt job before it's not worth it.

I'm a comp Sci major and I had an internship that paid 3x what I was making at my pt job. Worked both and never got to see anyone. Was constantly tired and stressed.

With an engineers pay just drop the pt and enjoy life. Phone Post 3.0
I get your point of view and I'm pretty sure your right. But I'm developing a solid network and the job is fun, plus I'm making more than $50 per hour on my part time.. Phone Post 3.0

BrunoMcGyver - Great stuff mate! Are you gonna make a song about it?
Thanks bud. Maan a song about my job would be the thing I would ever do lol Phone Post 3.0

Quickly figure out who the "top guy" in the office is. Walk right up to him, stare him straight in the eyes while showing no emotion (think fedor), get nose to nose with him, grab his balls and hold on to them for a few seconds then walk away still showing NO EMOTION. You will suddenly become the new alpha.

First impressions are important. Make sure you show up without pants. It'll keep everyone in check.

Bangers Delight - 
I'm a business developer at an Academy that provides business and project management courses Phone Post 3.0

So you develop businesses in your part time but you, yourself have never had a full time job in your life until now? I should have been born 10 years later I guess.

Congratulations on the new job, I am sure you will do great, brother.

Give it a shot and see if you can balance both jobs. I hope for you that you quit the part-time gig, you gotta live a bit too, fren!

OblongBox -
Bangers Delight - 

So you develop businesses in your part time but you, yourself have never had a full time job in your life until now? I should have been born 10 years later I guess.

Never had a full time job because I've been a Full time student but I've been working with management and business development and process improvement as part time for some time now.
But you are welcome to undermine me and think what I do is very simple. Phone Post 3.0

Bangers Delight -
mghan44 - Totally depends on what your job entails. Will you actually be working 40 hours a week, or will you have a ton of overtime or work that needs to be done at home?

I'm probably gonna be working around 45-50 hours. Per week at my full time job. Phone Post 3.0
So you plan on working 55-65 hours a week in average, including your part time job?

Why do you want to work so long? In dedicated to my career and getting coin, but that work schedule is a ticket to being burned out in a couple of years. Phone Post 3.0

MojoJojo - Congratulations on the new job, I am sure you will do great, brother.

Give it a shot and see if you can balance both jobs. I hope for you that you quit the part-time gig, you gotta live a bit too, fren!
Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm working on an awesome project that I would like to see to an end so I'll stay there at least until January. But my full time is way more Important and exciting so the main focus will definitely be there Phone Post 3.0