Starting Paleo Diet. TME

I'm 27, 5'11 and 235lbs. I'm a big weightlifter and have devoted the past 8 years to strict bulking diets.

I guess my age is catching up with me a bit as I'm holding fat way easier than I used to.

I want to continue bulking, however in an extremely clean way while losing my bloat and body fat. I read up on Paleo and spoke to some guys that follow it. I'm excited to quit dairy and most (not all) carbs.

Any of you guys have experience with Paleo? After searching various message boards, it seems difficult to bulk on Paleo but definitely possible. Any weight lifters deal with this dilemma? How did your body change on Paleo? What did your diet/meal plans look like? Phone Post 3.0

Lol at your age catching up to you at 27. Wait till you are in your 40's. Phone Post 3.0

I am on the Neolithic diet...seems a little more up to date than Paleo.

Try it out and see how it goes.

Is there any reason to stick to strict Paleo 100% of the time?

If you allow a little milk with coffee I don't think it will hinder your weight loss goals. Also, probably some cheese is ok. And not all the grains are bad.

So, experiment for yourself.

fanat - Try it out and see how it goes.

Is there any reason to stick to strict Paleo 100% of the time?

If you allow a little milk with coffee I don't think it will hinder your weight loss goals. Also, probably some cheese is ok. And not all the grains are bad.

So, experiment for yourself.
I've never really followed a strict regimen (bulking diets are easy) so I want to try 100% paleo for the hell of it. I've also heard people feel great when they stop eating dairy entirely. Phone Post 3.0

I'm sorry, I was too busy laughing at "age catching up to me" at 27 to read anything else. My impression of paleo is that it eliminates a lot of stuff that isn't good for you, some stuff that is probably fine for you but not necessarily essential and it focuses you on eating a lot of excellent quality, pure food. So people get good results from it. 

People like to make fun of paleo which is fine but I have a lot of respect for people who have discipline and control over their appetites. Its the reason why I like intermittent fasting, I just like to be able to exercise control over my will. Phone Post 3.0

RobinHood - Paleo or any type of diets is not discipline. It's an extreme. True Discipline is when you eat whatever you want in moderation.

Just sayin' and not hating on Paleo. Phone Post
Not really sure by what you mean its not discipline. If you want to eat the pizza really bad and you choose not to cause you agreed to follow a diet, I consider that discipline. Phone Post 3.0

RobinHood - Paleo or any type of diets is not discipline. It's an extreme. True Discipline is when you eat whatever you want in moderation.

Just sayin' and not hating on Paleo. Phone Post
This is what fat people tell themselves. I know, I used to be fat, before I got on the paleo diet. Phone Post 3.0