State Trooper commits felony...paid vacation

HOME
NEWS
Charges: Minnesota State Trooper took woman's cell phone, sent her nude photos to himself
He has been charged with felony stalking.
BY MELISSA TURTINEN , JUN 23, 2020

Minnesota State Patrol

A Minnesota State Trooper is accused of taking a woman's cell phone and sending himself her private nude photos. 

Albert Kuehne, 36, of Dayton, is charged with two counts of stalking with bias. The bias comes from the victim being a woman, the Hennepin County Attorney's Office said in a news release Tuesday.

His first court appearance is scheduled for July 15. 

According to the criminal complaint, Kuehne was working a single-car crash at Interstate 94 and Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis on March 25 in which he had detained the 25-year-old woman driver because he suspected she may have been drunk. 

The woman was ultimately taken to the hospital, where she was treated and released, court documents say. 

When she got home, her boyfriend was using her laptop, which is linked to her cell phone. The laptop records showed the woman's phone was accessed and nude photos of her were sent from her phone to an unknown number, the complaint says. The phone messages had been deleted.

Her boyfriend called the phone number and the person who answered eventually identified himself as Kuehne, the complaint states. The woman called a lawyer, who reported the incident to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which began to investigate. 

Squad video from the night of March 25 shows Kuehne leading the woman to his squad car. Along the way, the woman took out her phone and when he realized that, he demanded that she give it to him, the complaint says. Cell phone records show photos were sent from the woman's phone at 4:44 and the squad video showed Kuehne alone in his vehicle at that time while paramedics treated the woman.

Investigators, via a search warrant, seized Kuehne's phone. On it, they found three pictures of the woman, the complaint states.

© 2020 BRING ME THE NEWS LLC

And I bet Angryinch was having a great day so far.  Well, thats out the window now.  His bald little head is ready to explode.

Mark

1 Like

Mark1 -

And I bet Angryinch was having a great day so far.  Well, thats out the window now.  His bald little head is ready to explode.

Mark

Yeah,  this is usually his Bat Signal. 

Where's the pics?

WWHKD?

1 Like

Serious question:

You used the term "paid vacation" so I'm assuming you're against paid suspension during investigations.  What would be a superior alternative?  

Do you believe in the presumption of innocence?  Or should we assume people are guilty until proven innocent?  Or should we assume civilians are innocent until proven guilty, but the opposite for police?  If you believe police are guilty until proven innocent, do you understand that any person on earth would be able to take away any cop's livelihood at any time?  If you are okay with that, you must believe our society can function without police, because that would be the end result.

If you do believe in the presumption of innocence, then it shouldn't be much of a jump to understand the purpose of paid suspension. 

Or maybe you are in favor of the presumption of innocence, unless the media article is really, really convincing - like in this case.  It's pretty clear he's guilty, right?  Might as well skip the investigation.

Or maybe you believe they use paid suspension as the actual punishment after guilt is established.  In that case you are simply wrong, and your misconception can be easily cleared up.

No way he keeps his job and is a pretty easy prosecution. HR is probably just trying to do it correctly.

Or I could be wrong, state is a mess right now.

Someone should've introduced this dude to the internet. He would've had access to pictures of all the naked girls he wanted and it wouldn't have cost him his job, reputation and embarrassment.

1 Like

While what this Cop did is VERY creepy. The boyfriend creeping on the womans cell phone via her laptop is borderline wacko as well.

Al Cappucino - 

While what this Cop did is VERY creepy. The boyfriend creeping on the womans cell phone via her laptop is borderline wacko as well.

AL,

Maybe he hadnt heard from her or the police yet since the cop was looking for nudez. LOL 

You have to assume she was at least moderately attractive if the cop would risk his job over seeing 3 pics of her. lol  

I think there plenty of plausible reasons why he may not be a bunnyboiler. 

DaveFu -
Al Cappucino - 

AL,

Maybe he hadnt heard from her or the police yet since the cop was looking for nudez. LOL 

You have to assume she was at least moderately attractive if the cop would risk his job over seeing 3 pics of her. lol  

"When she got home, her boyfriend was using her laptop...."

He's got trust issues.

We're gonna need to see some  pics.

JohnanthanDoe - 

Serious question:

You used the term "paid vacation" so I'm assuming you're against paid suspension during investigations.  What would be a superior alternative?  

Do you believe in the presumption of innocence?  Or should we assume people are guilty until proven innocent?  Or should we assume civilians are innocent until proven guilty, but the opposite for police?  If you believe police are guilty until proven innocent, do you understand that any person on earth would be able to take away any cop's livelihood at any time?  If you are okay with that, you must believe our society can function without police, because that would be the end result.

If you do believe in the presumption of innocence, then it shouldn't be much of a jump to understand the purpose of paid suspension. 

Or maybe you are in favor of the presumption of innocence, unless the media article is really, really convincing - like in this case.  It's pretty clear he's guilty, right?  Might as well skip the investigation.

Or maybe you believe they use paid suspension as the actual punishment after guilt is established.  In that case you are simply wrong, and your misconception can be easily cleared up.

How about paid suspension, but the wages paid during this time have to be returned if found guilty.

1 Like

Treedoc -
JohnanthanDoe - 

Serious question:

How about paid suspension, but the wages paid during this time have to be returned if found guilty.

I’m all for this

Al Cappucino - 
DaveFu -
Al Cappucino - 

AL,

"When she got home, her boyfriend was using her laptop...."

He's got trust issues.

We're gonna need to see some  pics.

Al, 

I think it is safe to entertain the possibility that the newspaper may have taken journalistic liberties with all the facts. They do it for everything else. 

Treedoc -
JohnanthanDoe - 

Serious question:

Sounds good to me, but I'd be very surprised if this was not standard practice.

Damien8003 - Where's the pics?

Obviously this

This guy is fucked. What a creep. 

That's why you only send them to your burner, rookie! 

Treedoc -
JohnanthanDoe - 

Serious question:

That's kind of how this works. He's burning accrued leave right now. If he's found guilty and fired, that's that. If he's cleared that time is reinstated. He'd be entitled to that pay whether he quits, gets fired, etc based on labor laws. That's not unique to police. Pay without leave is almost always a disciplinary thing requiring the completion of an IA, depending on the dept contract and state law. 

If true as stated, I think the guy will be fired and prosecuted. Damn biased stalkers are ruining this country.