State your age and testosterone levels...trt?

I’m 40 , last week my testosterone numbers came in at 515 (range 250-850)

thinking of maybe getting on trt for a bit , it’s been tough trying to lose a few pounds of fat and gain muscle 

I am 40 and mine was 499 when it was checked back in August.  My Dr said I am in normal ranges but from what research I did, I should be around 650 or so.  Thought about going to a Dr who specialize in this stuff and getting their opinion.

Serious question. Once you get on TRT, you have to stay on it forever, right?

Hilldo -

I don't think so but that is one of my fears of getting on it.

Fathead D -

I am 40 and mine was 499 when it was checked back in August.  My Dr said I am in normal ranges but from what research I did, I should be around 650 or so.  Thought about going to a Dr who specialize in this stuff and getting their opinion.

A doc that specializes in trt will not qualify you with those numbers. There is more to it than "total test" but your numbers are very normal. 

Closer to 300 or under will qualify you and there are likely ways you could dip that low. Numbers are really just numbers and don't tell the whole story though. 

Ive been on trt for almost 5 years and when I started I was like 35 or 36 and was around 275 with high levels of estrogen. Quite likely because of a rediculous training regiment. 

I went from from the cream to pellets and now weekly injections. 

To to make a point, there have been times I've been ON therapy and had a total test of 500 or below. 

Hilldo -

If you could take meds a have optimal hormone levels, why would you ever stop?

Age - 47.

Test level - No idea.

TRT - No.

Trouble losing pounds? Stop drinking alcohol. Stop drinking soda. No bread. No dairy.

Exercise.

If you’ve already done all of the above then eat less and exercise more.

Do that consistently for 6 months and see what happens.

Fathead D -

You don't have to go straight to testosterone. There are other things like HCG then will make you produced T to your natural ceiling. It's also something that you can take while on testosterone that prevent your natural production from being shut down. so if you stop trt treatments you can pick up right where you left off naturally. Sometimes T isn't the problem, your ratios could just be out of whack. I know some guys that get great results with taking HCG and some sort of AI(lowers estrogen levels).

LuketheSpook -
Hilldo -

Money. Dependence on a substance.

Also, there’s no biological free lunch.

36, 1300-1500, TRT for 8 years. Lost 30lbs from Dec 15th to Jan 20th from BJJ and intermittent fasting. Minimal muscle loss, if any. I'm 200lbs, 6', size 32 jeans. 

DuffyLaCoronilla -
LuketheSpook -
Hilldo -

If you have insurance, testosterone is like $5 a month. As far as dependence, we are all dependent on a lot of things. 

Having optimal hormal profile creates a very different quality of life. 

46. level has always felt too high

LuketheSpook -
DuffyLaCoronilla -
LuketheSpook -
Hilldo -

If you have insurance, testosterone is like $5 a month. As far as dependence, we are all dependent on a lot of things. 

Having optimal hormal profile creates a very different quality of life. 

Ok.

I guess I must have optimal test levels (I have never had it checked) because I feel fine.

I was a bit overweight in my late 30s (220 @ 6’2).

I stopped some some bad habits and picked up some good ones and starting from 1 to now 10 years later I’m 185 lbs with a 32 inch waist an I feel great.

It’s just weird to me that a lot of people really don’t try to improve themselves though diet and exercise, really put in the effort, before going straight to doctror to get a medical treatment.

There’s mental, emotional, psychological, ego boosting benefit to doing things “on your own” that rarely gets discussed these days.

I’m not judging people who do TRT (well, I kind of equate it to people who pay extra to get in a shorter line at Disneyland). I know quite a few who do and I might do it myself someday (you never know). I just see it as a very last, if ever, resort.

Jimmy2toes -
Fathead D -

You don't have to go straight to testosterone. There are other things like HCG then will make you produced T to your natural ceiling. It's also something that you can take while on testosterone that prevent your natural production from being shut down. so if you stop trt treatments you can pick up right where you left off naturally. Sometimes T isn't the problem, your ratios could just be out of whack. I know some guys that get great results with taking HCG and some sort of AI(lowers estrogen levels).

Is hcg or clomid something that would make sense to take to produce more test without injecting test?

through the roof

In.

I started at 29 and im now 36. I’m 5’10 and was 170lbs(now 200), my test level was 250. I tried the cream, but didn’t like it. Now I get weekly injections. My test levels were around 600-700, but my hematocrit numbers were too high(risk of stroke)...in the end, I’ve lowered the dosage and my levels are 400-500

I've got the test of a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus.

Hilldo - 

No.