Statins: Who here is taking them?

Any side effects you've noticed? My fuckhead doctor put me on them today because my ldl cholesterol was like 178. Looks like I'm an official old ass faggot now. 

Yeah. No side effects. Dropped my ldl from like 200 to 60. 

1 Like

Sweet. Maybe now I won't have a sudden heart attack. 

1 Like

Have had a cholesterol score over 250 since i was a kid.  Doc put me on them.  Made. me tired.  Went and got a cardiac calcification score done.  Came back at zero ehen i was 38.  Quit taking statins.

Theres no evidence the lower the risk of heart attack.

3 Likes

Does your doctor believe you're suffering from a statin deficiency?

They don't work.

Try honey and cinnamon on toast, once a day.

Statins work. I take everyday and feel no side effects.

1 Like

Depends on the amt.  I'm on 80mg and the side effects are pretty bad.  Bad enough that I stopped taking them for a while.  Now, I take it but with CoQ10 and the side effects are much less.

When I first got on them, I could barely walk up a flight of stair without feeling like I'd done 100 leg presses.

2 Likes

Im on 5mgs of lovastin. It dropped mine from 175 to 70 in a month.

1 Like
EFM - 

Have had a cholesterol score over 250 since i was a kid.  Doc put me on them.  Made. me tired.  Went and got a cardiac calcification score done.  Came back at zero ehen i was 38.  Quit taking statins.

You're a fucking moron.

Statins lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of fatty plaques breaking off from walls of your arteries, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.

Some people may be able to reduce their cholesterol to safe levels by changing their diet, or exercising more, but others have shit genetics so they need the statins.

If you have generations of men in your family tree dropping dead before age 55 from heart attacks and strokes and your doctor recommends statins because you have lots of risk signs, then just fucking take them.

Or you can listen to an anonymous douchebag on the internet who doesn't like them "just because"...

2 Likes
EFM -

That's what I've been hearing. 

Moke -

Does your doctor believe you're suffering from a statin deficiency?

I've been doing keto, so I figured it would be high. He said I should cut out fatty and red meats. Also, he's pretty old. 

thedogofdogs -

They don't work.

Try honey and cinnamon on toast, once a day.

Someone suggested fish oil to help lower it. I took it for 3 months and my shit went up. 

dhughes -

Depends on the amt.  I'm on 80mg and the side effects are pretty bad.  Bad enough that I stopped taking them for a while.  Now, I take it but with CoQ10 and the side effects are much less.

When I first got on them, I could barely walk up a flight of stair without feeling like I'd done 100 leg presses.

He started me on 40mg. I've heard about the leg issues. 

billyball2 -
EFM - 

You're a fucking moron.

Statins lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of fatty plaques breaking off from walls of your arteries, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.

Some people may be able to reduce their cholesterol to safe levels by changing their diet, or exercising more, but others have shit genetics so they need the statins.

If you have generations of men in your family tree dropping dead before age 55 from heart attacks and strokes and your doctor recommends statins because you have lots of risk signs, then just fucking take them.

Or you can listen to an anonymous douchebag on the internet who doesn't like them "just because"...

Definitely runs in my family. I put off taking them as long as I could. 

Lebron is the reason the Heat are even in the finals. Take him away and I dont think they can make to the conferance finals in the weak ass East. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like
cruedi -

Make sure to take a good absorbable COQ10, as statins deplete that.  

What's a good brand? 

Toiletclogger -

Any side effects you've noticed? My fuckhead doctor put me on them today because my ldl cholesterol was like 178. Looks like I'm an official old ass faggot now. 

OP my ldl was 172 in February... I stopped drinking 2 months ago. My ldl has dropped to 124 while still maintaining a shitty diet... I dont know if you drink alcohol but I gave it up and started working out more. 

1 Like

I am on generic Lipitor.  80 mgs a day because I had a heart attack.

To the people saying statins don't work, you are out of your minds.  Try finding a reputable cardiologist that says they don't work.

The side effect that I have experienced is diarrhea.  I take Immodium AD when my stomach acts up.

1 Like
Toiletclogger - 
cruedi -

Make sure to take a good absorbable COQ10, as statins deplete that.  

What's a good brand? 

I take the Kirkland Signature CoQ-10 from Costco.   No idea if it is good, but I trust Costco.

2 Likes