Statins: Who here is taking them?

Toiletclogger - 
cruedi -

Make sure to take a good absorbable COQ10, as statins deplete that.  

What's a good brand? 

https://www.qunol.com/

many costcos carry these as well, make sure the label says Ubiquinol, not just CoQ10.

1 Like
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Toiletclogger - 
cruedi -

Make sure to take a good absorbable COQ10, as statins deplete that.  

What's a good brand? 

I take the Kirkland Signature CoQ-10 from Costco.   No idea if it is good, but I trust Costco.

I belong to consumerlab and they do like that one. I'll post the rundown of best brands here.  Basically, you want the Doctors Best or Swanson Q-gel if you're not able to always take with a fatty meal. If you can do that, then Kirkland and Members Mark (Sam's Club) are good and inexpensive choices. 

1 Like
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 

I am on generic Lipitor.  80 mgs a day because I had a heart attack.

To the people saying statins don't work, you are out of your minds.  Try finding a reputable cardiologist that says they don't work.

The side effect that I have experienced is diarrhea.  I take Immodium AD when my stomach acts up.

the cardiologist is probably getting paid $$$ from the cholesterol drug companies.

try garlic. it's natural and can lower cholesterol. eat plant based and gluten free too.

The following have been tested for containing the amount of CoQ10 on the label and lack of contamination. The top picks are by category such as "high dose", water soluble etc. basically you want the water soluble or black pepper extract if you can't eat a fatty meal with them. Alternatively, you can often double the dose of a non-high absorption product for less $. 
I'm leaving out the ones that failed and most of the non "top picks". 

1 Like

1 Like

tapnaporsnapbro -
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 

I am on generic Lipitor.  80 mgs a day because I had a heart attack.

To the people saying statins don't work, you are out of your minds.  Try finding a reputable cardiologist that says they don't work.

The side effect that I have experienced is diarrhea.  I take Immodium AD when my stomach acts up.

the cardiologist is probably getting paid $$$ from the cholesterol drug companies.

try garlic. it's natural and can lower cholesterol. eat plant based and gluten free too.

The phase 3 trials for statins are conclusively proven - they do work. 

Are you implying that they don't work, or that garlic may be comparable in terms of effiacay?

You can damn near mimic the effects safely of statin and merformin with a stack of 

Astaxanthin - 

berberine

red yeast rice

80 mg of Lipitor daily with no noticable side effects.

Wish I experienced zero sides from statins like so many on here. Took them for for a few months and along with depression, low energy, no desire to fuck and achy joints, they raised my liver values significantly. Had to go an alternative route.

Highly recommends everyone reads this:

https://cholesterolcode.com/

statins will get you killed, they don't do anything to prevent heart disease or heart attacks. If anything, takin statin will increase your chances of heart disease. 

You can do a google search for statistics of heart attacks and the cholesterol levels the person had during the incident. There are just as many, if not more, heart attacks in people who have REALLY low cholesterol than those with higher numbers. 

Also, the brain produces cholesterol. It is essential for cognitive health. If it was a problem the brain wouldn't produce it. There are also a shit ton of studies on stations leading to degenerative cognitive disorders (dementia, Alzheimer's, etc). 

Do the research, my friends. Don't fall victim to what is the #1 prescribed and produced pill in the pharmaceutical industry. 

Cholestrol is not your enemy. Get your calcium build up test if it's a zero, don't give a fuck about what your dinosaur doctor says. He's likely taking kick backs from big pharm. 

Girly -

You can damn near mimic the effects safely of statin and merformin with a stack of 

Astaxanthin - 

berberine

red yeast rice

There's a fairly common perception that any extracts derived from plants are safe - and they're inherently safer than compounds of synthetic origin.

It's often not true.  In the case of berberine, there are absolutely dose-dependent toxicities that people should be aware of - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5478780/

GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -

Wish I experienced zero sides from statins like so many on here. Took them for for a few months and along with depression, low energy, no desire to fuck and achy joints, they raised my liver values significantly. Had to go an alternative route.

That's because the pill was forcing your brain to stop producing cholesterol. No wonder it lead to conditions that occur when the brain isn't healthy. 

GayBred -

Highly recommends everyone reads this:

https://cholesterolcode.com/

statins will get you killed, they don't do anything to prevent heart disease or heart attacks. If anything, takin statin will increase your chances of heart disease. 

You can do a google search for statistics of heart attacks and the cholesterol levels the person had during the incident. There are just as many, if not more, heart attacks in people who have REALLY low cholesterol than those with higher numbers. 

Also, the brain produces cholesterol. It is essential for cognitive health. If it was a problem the brain wouldn't produce it. There are also a shit ton of studies on stations leading to degenerative cognitive disorders (dementia, Alzheimer's, etc). 

Do the research, my friends. Don't fall victim to what is the #1 prescribed and produced pill in the pharmaceutical industry. 

Cholestrol is not your enemy. Get your calcium build up test if it's a zero, don't give a fuck about what your dinosaur doctor says. He's likely taking kick backs from big pharm. 

Smart stuff right here.  The cholesterol myth has been perpetuated for years.   

jbc -
Girly -

Astaxanthin - 

berberine

red yeast rice

There's a fairly common perception that any extracts derived from plants are safe - and they're inherently safer than compounds of synthetic origin.

It's often not true.  In the case of berberine, there are absolutely dose-dependent toxicities that people should be aware of - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5478780/

I've never taken it.  But yes have heard few things

billyball2 -
EFM - 

Have had a cholesterol score over 250 since i was a kid.  Doc put me on them.  Made. me tired.  Went and got a cardiac calcification score done.  Came back at zero ehen i was 38.  Quit taking statins.

Theres no evidence the lower the risk of heart attack.

You're a fucking moron.

Statins lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of fatty plaques breaking off from walls of your arteries, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.

Some people may be able to reduce their cholesterol to safe levels by changing their diet, or exercising more, but others have shit genetics so they need the statins.

If you have generations of men in your family tree dropping dead before age 55 from heart attacks and strokes and your doctor recommends statins because you have lots of risk signs, then just fucking take them.

Or you can listen to an anonymous douchebag on the internet who doesn't like them "just because"...

cholesterol size has far more to do with plaque than cholesterol count.

and there is no correlation between statins and reducing heart attacks or strokes.