Stay classy Canaduh

Canadian Olympian arrested after alleged drunken car theft in PyeongChang

A Canadian Olympian might have gone a little too far in his post-Olympic celebrations in PyeongChang.

According to multiple reports, freestyle skier Dave Duncan, his wife Maja, and ski cross director Willy Raine were arrested in South Korea early Saturday morning after allegedly stealing a red Hummer.

The Canadian Olympic Committee confirmed that an incident involving police had occurred, but declined to offer further details.

Raine, according to police, was behind the wheel and allegedly had a blood-alcohol level more than three times the legal limit.

The three were reportedly released after the arrest, but, per CBC, have been restricted from leaving South Korea for the time being.

Per Yonhap News Agency, Duncan and the others stole the car after a night of drinking. The car had been left running. The group was tracked down approximately an hour after the theft, after driving to the Olympic village.

Raine’s blood-alcohol content, per police, was 0.16. The legal limit in the United States is 0.08. The legal limit in South Korea is 0.05.

Canadian Olympic Committee CEO Chris Overholt said at a news conference Saturday that Duncan, his wife and Raine are cooperating with authorities, “and we take this matter, of course, very, very seriously.”

“We’re in contact with the authorities, as well as the Canadian Embassy, and we’ll provide an update when it’s appropriate to do so,” Overholt said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/canadian-olympian-allegedly-steals-car-pyeongchang-070620157.html

I can’t remember, has any American ever done anything that got themselves in trouble with local authorities at an Olympics before?

RKing85 - 

I can’t remember, has any American ever done anything that got themselves in trouble with local authorities at an Olympics before?

Naw, never.

I am reminded of what the Germans said when they beat Canada in hockey.

They told Germans to hug a Canadian and buy them a hot chocolate because you know how Germans would feel if Canada beat them in soccer.

I've been drunk am awful lot of times and have never even thought about stealing a car

Paramount Donkey - I've been drunk am awful lot of times and have never even thought about stealing a car

I call bullshit on this.  Everyone who has gotten shit faced has thought about stealing a car at least once.

Homeslice -
Paramount Donkey - I've been drunk am awful lot of times and have never even thought about stealing a car

I call bullshit on this.  Everyone who has gotten shit faced has thought about stealing a car at least once.

Don't listen to him, he eats his own cum

Homeslice -

Ha. I tried to take someone's boat for a spin one time. Thankfully it was a rare occasion where they had taken the keys out. We would've died or been arrested for sure and the boat wouldn't have made it back either way. 

RKing85 - 

For a teen, you're quick witted.

As if he takes a booze cruise! Gettin that full Olympic experience... 

He’s like “ wanna go out for a rip?” And she was like “ fuckin right!” 

BrckNoHitBk -
Homeslice -

Don't listen to him, he eats his own cum

End of the argument right there. 

NorthernHospitality -

Well, we're like, above that.  

When buddy gets home, first thing we should do when he get off that plane is stick his head in a snowbank and just start fuckin' feeding him the rights and the left,  like Boom, Boom, Boom. Until he's had enough and says "ok...chill out...shit!" then we'll have a smoke break. 

Aha damn you for getting that stuck in my head today. 

Crowley -
NorthernHospitality -

Well, we're like, above that.  

When buddy gets home, first thing we should do when he get off that plane is stick his head in a snowbank and just start fuckin' feeding him the rights and the left,  like Boom, Boom, Boom. Until he's had enough and says "ok...chill out...shit!" then we'll have a smoke break. 

Aha damn you for getting that stuck in my head today. 

Lmao! I am not sorry!! It’s a great fuckin tune!!