Steak and Chimichurri

Cooked up some Steak and Chimichurri sauce for the girlfriend last night.

Started off with a bunch of parsley, half a shallot, 3 big garlic cloves, juice of a quarter lemon, a few tablespoons of red wine vinegar, and some salt and pepper. Pulse in a blender while slowly adding a cup of olive oil until it's all blended. Let it sit at least an hour before you eat, to mix up them flavors

Season up them steaks. I used some good ole striploins

Saute up some mushrooms in the cast iron, and toss some asparagus in oil, and bake them shits up

Cook up them steaks medium, and let em rest

Serve it up, and toss some chimichurri on top

Crack a brew and enjoy

Giver a shot OG

Nice! I just might have to try that sauce sometime. Phone Post 3.0

TFK_SickEye - Nice! I just might have to try that sauce sometime. Phone Post 3.0
Do it! I mix the leftover sauce with mayo and put it on toasted fried egg sammiches. Sauce tastes even better the next day Phone Post 3.0

Love Chimichuri on steaks, looks good, I usually do it on a skirt or flank. Phone Post 3.0

JJitsu - Love Chimichuri on steaks, looks good, I usually do it on a skirt or flank. Phone Post 3.0
I don't know why but it's harder to find skirt and flank at the stores near me. Didn't have time to go to a butcher shop. I could see how they'd both be awesome on there though Phone Post 3.0

I make chimichuri sauce a lot as well and normally do it the way you do.

One day I had way less parsley than I needed so added cilantro, and my lemon was rotten so I used the juice of half a grapefruit instead. It was the best tasting sauce I have ever made. Phone Post 3.0

Extendo - I make chimichuri sauce a lot as well and normally do it the way you do.

One day I had way less parsley than I needed so added cilantro, and my lemon was rotten so I used the juice of half a grapefruit instead. It was the best tasting sauce I have ever made. Phone Post 3.0

I wanted to try cilantro in it, but girlfriend hates it. The grapefruit idea sounds fantastic too!

VU im gonna try it next time

looks delicious. good job. Phone Post 3.0

I tried chimichurri once at my friend's from Uruguay. It was amazing. Stealing your recipe bro.

cthlcschlgrl - looks delicious. good job. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

Otsuka - I tried chimichurri once at my friend's from Uruguay. It was amazing. Stealing your recipe bro.
By all means! Go for it Phone Post 3.0

I'm having a buddy over for a BBQ tonight. Will be giving this a go.... But with some Apache Peppers in the mix. Phone Post 3.0

Toki Wartooth - I'm having a buddy over for a BBQ tonight. Will be giving this a go.... But with some Apache Peppers in the mix. Phone Post 3.0

Let me know how it goes. Peppers could add a nice flavor

Will try Phone Post 3.0

in

good job man

Samsonite1084 -
Toki Wartooth - I'm having a buddy over for a BBQ tonight. Will be giving this a go.... But with some Apache Peppers in the mix. Phone Post 3.0

Let me know how it goes. Peppers could add a nice flavor

It's aging on the counter right now to some bone in ribeyes. At first taste it is all kinds or yummy. Phone Post 3.0

VU, looks amazing.

CombatVette49 -

What is Chimichurri?  What does it taste like?

It's basically am Argentinean sauce that goes great on meat. It's got a herby, fresh, sharp, and raw garlicky taste. If you like the ingredients you may dig the sauce. That bring said, it's not for everyone. Phone Post 3.0

Masterclass -

VU, looks amazing.

Back at you! Cheers Phone Post 3.0

Samsonite1084 -
CombatVette49 -

What is Chimichurri?  What does it taste like?

It's basically am Argentinean sauce that goes great on meat. It's got a herby, fresh, sharp, and raw garlicky taste. If you like the ingredients you may dig the sauce. That bring said, it's not for everyone. Phone Post 3.0
Once the flavors blend together it's got a very nice taste Phone Post 3.0