Steak and Chimichurri

Do you let the sauce sit room temp or in the fridge?

NiteProwleR - Do you let the sauce sit room temp or in the fridge?
Room temp for me. Phone Post 3.0

Toki Wartooth -
Same Phone Post 3.0

Samsonite1084 -
Toki Wartooth - I'm having a buddy over for a BBQ tonight. Will be giving this a go.... But with some Apache Peppers in the mix. Phone Post 3.0

Let me know how it goes. Peppers could add a nice flavor

Out-fucking-standing.

Served the steak sliced and everyone was blown away with it.

Bravo OG bravo! Phone Post 3.0

Toki Wartooth -
Samsonite1084 -
Toki Wartooth - I'm having a buddy over for a BBQ tonight. Will be giving this a go.... But with some Apache Peppers in the mix. Phone Post 3.0

Let me know how it goes. Peppers could add a nice flavor

Out-fucking-standing.

Served the steak sliced and everyone was blown away with it.

Bravo OG bravo! Phone Post 3.0
Awesome! Glad it turned out. I wonder what kinda peppers I could use to try your twist on it. I don't think I can find apache peppers up here Phone Post 3.0

Where are you?

I grow them on my deck up here in Canuck Land. Phone Post 3.0

Nice!

for later

Chimichurri is a staple in my fridge. Here is something to try. Take a squeeze bottle and put equal amounts of kosher salt and cayenne pepper in the bottle with hot tap water. Shake the bottle to dissolve the total solids and squirt the mixture on the steaks while they are grilling. I will generally go through two bottles for 4 steaks as they cook.

When done top with chimichurri and serve. This is traditional Brazilian style that was taught to me by one of my Brazilian co-workers. The heat of the spice with the chimi is awesome.

Well fucking done! Pardon the pun!

I put chimichurri on everything. One of my good friends mom makes it all the time. They are from Uruguay. Their chimichurri is darker and thinner....fucking amazing. I put in on everything tbh. Salad, bread, chicken, steak, burgers. I made my own, but I can never get it like hers.

Toki Wartooth - Where are you?

I'm in T.O. Phone Post 3.0

Jackie Treehorn - Chimichurri is a staple in my fridge. Here is something to try. Take a squeeze bottle and put equal amounts of kosher salt and cayenne pepper in the bottle with hot tap water. Shake the bottle to dissolve the total solids and squirt the mixture on the steaks while they are grilling. I will generally go through two bottles for 4 steaks as they cook.

When done top with chimichurri and serve. This is traditional Brazilian style that was taught to me by one of my Brazilian co-workers. The heat of the spice with the chimi is awesome.
Great suggestion. Thanks! VU Phone Post 3.0

Samsonite1084 - 
Toki Wartooth - Where are you?

I'm in T.O. Phone Post 3.0

I'm in Calgary and I picked up some potted veggies (peppers, beans, tomatoes etc...) for my deck cause I don't have a backyard. I've been growing them quite successfully all summer - the Apache's were a surprise as I was expecting something less hot.

Samsonite1084 - 
Toki Wartooth -
Same Phone Post 3.0

Thanks, bro. I'm gonna try this soon on some sirloins or skirt steaks or both lol.

SoCalMutt - When I lived in La Plata Argentina, every family had their variation. Let sit at room. Nothing is happening to that sauce. Great on empanadas and chinchulini! All asados have a ton of it.

In Chile you get pebvre (sp), equal parts chopped green onion, scallions, cilantro, some lemon juice salt and red chili paste to taste.

I make mine spixy if not wife eats it lime a soup. Gonna make some now will post pics. Phone Post 3.0
Please do!

Pevre sounds glorious. I shall look deeper into it! Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Jackie Treehorn - Chimichurri is a staple in my fridge. Here is something to try. Take a squeeze bottle and put equal amounts of kosher salt and cayenne pepper in the bottle with hot tap water. Shake the bottle to dissolve the total solids and squirt the mixture on the steaks while they are grilling. I will generally go through two bottles for 4 steaks as they cook.

Jackie Treehorn presents "Hot Beef Injection" Phone Post 3.0

For SoCal
>img src=http://i.imgur.com/hxRS1HF.jpg Phone Post 3.0

Samsonite1084 - For SoCal
>img src=http://i.imgur.com/hxRS1HF.jpg Phone Post 3.0
That didn't work. I can never post pics from the app Phone Post 3.0

Samsonite1084 -

Cooked up some Steak and Chimichurri sauce for the girlfriend last night.

Started off with a bunch of parsley, half a shallot, 3 big garlic cloves, juice of a quarter lemon, a few tablespoons of red wine vinegar, and some salt and pepper. Pulse in a blender while slowly adding a cup of olive oil until it's all blended. Let it sit at least an hour before you eat, to mix up them flavors

Season up them steaks. I used some good ole striploins

Saute up some mushrooms in the cast iron, and toss some asparagus in oil, and bake them shits up

Cook up them steaks medium, and let em rest

Serve it up, and toss some chimichurri on top

Crack a brew and enjoy

Giver a shot OG

Nicely Done!!

VTFU Phone Post 3.0