Steam sale vs Xbox live sale

It is AMAZING how utterly outclassed Microsoft are by the Steam sale. Their Xbox Live 'sale' is 1-2 deals per day, usually at 50% or less off, on stuff that's still expensive. Sad that they've never tried the Steam sale approach of more or less total insanity, which IMO leads to most people spending more on games than they would have otherwise.

PC gaming's come back in a BIG way over the last year or so.

TSMontana - 
maantren - It is AMAZING how utterly outclassed Microsoft are by the Steam sale. Their Xbox Live 'sale' is 1-2 deals per day, usually at 50% or less off, on stuff that's still expensive. Sad that they've never tried the Steam sale approach of more or less total insanity, which IMO leads to most people spending more on games than they would have otherwise.

PC gaming's come back in a BIG way over the last year or so.

Except for the FPS's, PC Gaming was on life support until Steam. Those crazy sales are a necessity to keep the PC relevant in the gaming world (outside of the FPS's).

I totally agree. But with the revival of indie gaming, plus the sales, and with things like Big Picture mode & retail Steam Boxes coming down the pipe, I think PCs are going to reclaim a lot of ground over the next few years. Big Picture Mode Steam plugged into your TV with a controller is basically an Xbox on steroids with way cheaper software.

God Bless Tim Tebow - Wanna know something funny? This steam sale is quite possibly the worst ever and it still beats Microsoft.

What makes it the worst ever?

I'd say this year I've bought the most games from the sale.

I've become a primarily PC gamer over the last 2 years and Steam played a big part of it. I think what finally broke me was having to pay for Xbox Left4Dead DLC versus it being totally free on the PC.

Been on Steam for years and just broke the 400 game mark. If I bought 400 games on the 360 or PS3 I'd have to auction off my house. Meanwhile I can spend $100 during a Christmas sale and pick up maybe 15-20 solid games. Games that have way more replay ability than most $60 games.

Not to mention you got other cool shit like Humble Bundles, Desura, Greenlight, more and more free to play games coming out every day. And now with Steam's Big Picture there's really no excuse to still be playing consoles and spending ludicrous amounts of money on games, controllers, and dlc.

The Destroyer88 - Not to mention you got other cool shit like Humble Bundles, Desura, Greenlight, more and more free to play games coming out every day. And now with Steam's Big Picture there's really no excuse to still be playing consoles and spending ludicrous amounts of money on games, controllers, and dlc.

Yeah, I stayed away from PC gaming for years after getting frustrating with the constant upgrades and all the other fiddly things. But now, especially with Big Picture mode and if the Steamboxes happen, I'm heading back the other way. Console games cost way too much for what most of them are.

I don't know if I got yesterday's deal late, or today's first thing in the am, but Xbox has Walking Dead for 200 per ep. + the first one is free. Or that's how much it usually costs and I'm clueless. I did it in bed from the xbl site so I'm not sure if it was the on the countdown deals or not. Phone Post