Stephen Thompson 57-0 ?

I dont really like Ellenburger, and I felt pretty bad for the guy the other night.

He got fucked the fuck up.

I think he has a clause in his UFC contract not to get tattoos... part of his Wonder Boy image.

Bucephalus - I think he has a clause in his UFC contract not to get tattoos... part of his Wonder Boy image.

I could get behind that better than the Reebok deal for sure

EckY - 
Most of his kickboxing matches were under above the waist American kickboxing rules against no name opponents, he also lost to Raymond Daniels in WCL, who also had a supposed ridiculous undefeated record before stepping up against real competition under proper rules in GLORY.

He didn't lose to Daniels, he tore a ligament in his knee in the 1st round and the fight was a N/C.

A true kickboxing or Glory fight between Daniels and Thompson needs to happen, it would be great.

Those wins are legit. Stephen fought in the main event on two of my early "Summer Heat" cards back in the very late 90s. Back then, I was experimenting with adding a few NHB fights to kickboxing cards.

Stephen beat his opponents down on these shows.

Today, I actually was thinking about digging out the very old VCR tapes and trying to extract some photos of WB to post.

http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/StephenThompson.htm

Here is some historical info on WB.

Here's a WB story for you:

In the 2001 IKF Classic Tournament, Stephen was facing a tough opponent - can't remember who. The referee gets them ready to go and says "fight." Stephen switch kicks his opponent in arm immediately. Breaks his opponent's arm. Fight is over. His other opponent in the division withdrew, I think.

Steve Fossum, IKF World President, or WB's dad, Ray, probably remember the story better than I do.

Here is the official results of that story (at above link):

2001 IKF National Tournament Light Heavyweight Champion

• Defeated Vilavahn Seukpanya by TKO at :14 seconds into the first round on September 9th in Olathe, Kansas, USA.
    It was the only strike thrown in the bout and set a new record for quickest win by KO/TKO. 
    The kick broke Seukpanya's arm. 

Drewout -
EckY - 
Most of his kickboxing matches were under above the waist American kickboxing rules against no name opponents, he also lost to Raymond Daniels in WCL, who also had a supposed ridiculous undefeated record before stepping up against real competition under proper rules in GLORY.

He didn't lose to Daniels, he tore a ligament in his knee in the 1st round and the fight was a N/C.

A true kickboxing or Glory fight between Daniels and Thompson needs to happen, it would be great.
How do you tear a ligament and it not be a loss? Shouldn't it be a TKO-injury loss? Phone Post 3.0

Kelly Robinson. Phone Post 3.0

YHTOMIT2001 - 
Drewout -
EckY - 

How do you tear a ligament and it not be a loss? Shouldn't it be a TKO-injury loss? Phone Post 3.0

I'm not 100% on the WCL shoes, they had multiple fighters at each weight, it was a weird rule set.

Any way the tear was from Stephen stepping wrong on the weird WCL platform and twisting his knee tearing the ligaments.

Here is a fan video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6yek81uV6I

Damn old Van Damm was only 19-0

SOmeone contact this wonder boy and see if he wants a piece of the UG

"kickboxing" ?

Do you mean karate / TKD matches? Never seen him in Glory. 

WAKO doesn't count lol.

jscorbett - Here's a WB story for you:

In the 2001 IKF Classic Tournament, Stephen was facing a tough opponent - can't remember who. The referee gets them ready to go and says "fight." Stephen switch kicks his opponent in arm immediately. Breaks his opponent's arm. Fight is over. His other opponent in the division withdrew, I think.

Steve Fossum, IKF World President, or WB's dad, Ray, probably remember the story better than I do.

lol

Imagine what any top kickboxer would do in tourney's in Kansas.

I just emailed Wonder Boy showed him this thread and asked him to stop by.

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson of Simpsonville, South Carolina, USA (189, 6', Ray Thompson) had swarmed through the amateur ranks winning 16 Titles - 6 of them IKF Titles including 3 IKF National Tournament Titles and of the 16, 3 of them World Titles including the IKF Amateur World Title on way to an undefeated record of *37 wins with 18 wins coming by KO/TKO.

From his page

12SixElbow - 
jscorbett - Here's a WB story for you:

lol

Imagine what any top kickboxer would do in tourney's in Kansas.

http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/USN01Results.htm

This was a national tournament with fighters from all over the US.  They had to qualify regionally for seeding to the tournament.  

Additionally, you might recognize names of some the trainers at the bottom of the page - Roufus, Winklejohn, .....  Brandon Thatch's dad had 3 fighters win national titles at this event.

I sent him a email through the site contact info

That fight was amateur. Phone Post

ttt