Steroids in Prison? If not...

I worked as a co for a while myself. Some inmates were enormous without roids, but that was because they had little to do other than eat sleep and work out. I also wouldn't doubt that elevated testosterone thing someone was talking about.

Ive also heard something about elevated hormone levels due the tense enviroment and stuff. Whatever Id rather get a gym membership though.

ttt

Plus, if you run with the gangs (at least in Cali), you are required to workout with your crew everyday for hours at a time. A few years of that will get almost anybody ripped.

t

"because i say so. "

end of thread. Everyone go home, nothing to see here.

Yes, I agree. Prison exercise should consist of yoga, tai-chi, and low impact aerobics. NO weights, heavy bags, pull up or dip bars. That coupled with a vegan diet. That'll teach em'.

How would the lack of cardio affect them? I doubt there is much running in jail. and for some reason, i'm not thinking they are allowed to have jump ropes.

steroids in jail are not common due to the way they need to be taken and for how long.

believe it or not, you can build muscle without steroids

I've never quite understood why so many people on this forum are so skeptical that professional MMA fighters use performance-enhancing drugs. Their use is widespeard in other sports. Why would it be any different in MMA? After all, increased strength and/or endurance matter a great deal if you care about winning, making money in the sport, and having a more successful career. Wouldn't you be tempted if you knew that you opponent was probably using them to get a competitive edge? I admire Elvis for not taking them but let's face it, he would most likely do better using them. Technique is important but good technique with increased strength and cardio is very hard to beat. Until there is random, year-round testing, and both the UFC and Pride suspend fighters who use them for substantial periods, then their use will continue to be common, more the rule than the exception.

if it helps stave off the assrape, i'd train like a maniac too.

FACT,when in prison[specially the hardcore}your testerone levels are raised at ALL TIMES due to alway's having to look and feel and portray being mean!!Alway's mad.Being mad,mean,angry,ready to kill AT ALL TIMES raises testerone big time.

Even without steroids, they get regular exercise, with regular sleep, food and rest. Those four things are enough to make most people reasonably buff. Harder to maintain that kind of schedule outside of controlled enviroment like prison or army.

G. Gordon Liddy actually lost weight in prison, but he ate very little and worked a lot of cardio. His strength did increase a lot though from all the lifting.

"I've never quite understood why so many people on this forum are so skeptical that professional MMA fighters use performance-enhancing drugs."

Well, they're expensive, so it's hard to see the lower tier fighters (who don't pull decent paydays from main cards) putting much cash into something like this, unless they have a real job in addition to their career.

Yes you can get steroids in prison.

Most states in the U.S. do not allow weights in county jails or prisons. The equipment has been taken out for obvious reasons of enhancing the danger of criminals.

It's not hard to get ripped when you are inside. 4AM breakfast, do a circuit of calistenics in your cell, sleep, 11AM lunch, more pushups, pullups, squats, sleep, 4PM dinner and workout. Plus in yard time, your clique is going to make you work out especially if you are already a big guy. There's no motivation like having a shot caller make you pump out 200 pushups in a row or bench press 300 pounds.

Grown men get locked up in time out with other dangerous grown men and their bodies become even more specialized and powerful weapons.

Maybe since they are not getting nookie they have elevated testosterone.

So bottom line: Quit with the MMA guy in good shape juices deal.

Good to go.

Where are all the bitches that cry nonstop about big MMAers? Posters
here agree that it's possible for a con to get ripped in prison, but if a
pro gets looking good he's cheating. Make up your minds.