Steve Moore still can't skate

I saw this on TSN and decided to post it here to stir up some discussion

Colorado Avalanche center Steve Moore is still bothered by post-concussion symptoms and is not healthy enough to begin skating.

"Steve can't skate yet," Moore's agent Larry Kelly tells the Denver Post. "He's continuing his rehabilitation, but he's just not there yet."

Kelly says Moore's neck fracture suffered in a March 8 game against the Vancouver Canucks when he was tackled from behind by Todd Bertuzzi appears to have healed. However, he is still experiencing dizziness whenever he attempts any kind of physical activity.

Bertuzzi, who is currently under suspension by the NHL, is scheduled to go to trial January 17 on assualt charges in Vancouver. Kelly says no decision has been made yet on whether or not to file civil charges against Bertuzzi.

"However, he is still experiencing dizziness whenever he attempts any kind of physical activity." - Kind of like deadmarsh and allison who have both been out for over a year now.

Bert is going to jail!

"Colorado Avalanche center Steve Moore is still bothered by post-concussion symptoms and is not healthy enough to begin skating."

coughbullshitcough

since when did huge pussy syndrome get confused with post concussion syndrome?

"Bert is going to jail!"

Doubtful. First, because he is a pro hockey player - they'll just try to steal a large sum of his paycheck at worst and threaten him with community service. Second, because his charges are total goddamn bullshit to begin with. Third, the majority of the Vacouver PD are a bunch of pole smoking faggots.

And I should once again remind you all that I hate Bertuzzi. Just because he was a born asshole doesnt mean he should face jail time or any rediculous charges.

He assulted a man and everyone with a tv saw it atleast once...if they let him go, it would be horrible for canada as the US news would eat it up...He will go to jail for like 6 months problably, or the asswipe judge might give him a couple thousand hours of community service and a fine.

Moore couldn't skate in the first place.So he's fine then?

"He assulted a man and everyone with a tv saw it atleast once..."

lol. That is such bullshit. He did not assault that little pussy. There were so many worse incodents in the game within the past few years, and none of those were "assault". Hell if people are gonna be so bitchy & sensitive about it and call that "assault", they might as well camp out at every hockey and football game and arrest all the players after the game (minus the kicker of course...the little fag).

And since moore fought earlier in the game, he should be charged with assault as well since fighting in public is not legal and certainly closer to "assault" than berts actions were.

The law has no place within sporting events, save to deal with unruly fans and the mob mentality after big games.

"if they let him go, it would be horrible for canada as the US news would eat it up..."

No it wouldnt. The fickle media of NORTH AMERICA (not just America) has already forgotten that it ever happend. Like their opinion ever mattered in the first place, since they only ever cover hockey when something like that happens so they can get shock value and blow it way out of proportion to get ratings.

"He will go to jail for like 6 months problably,"

Well alot of people consider community service as jail time depending on the community being serviced. Thats about the closest bert will come to stepping foot in jail.

"or the asswipe judge might give him a couple thousand hours of community service and a fine."

The judge is an asswhipe for even hearing this rediculous bullshit. If he had half a brain and any balls he would dismiss it outright and appologize to him for this entire load of crap.

"Moore couldn't skate in the first place.So he's fine then?"

lol. beat me to it.

WOW, didn't know that the people on here were this heartless. Look, if they say he can't skate, he can't skate, and that should be taken seriously. Its not a joke, or some plot to get attention or whatever, he is eriously hurt. Take off your teams blinders for a minute and actullay realize the guy is seriously hurt. Whether you agree with the penelty, or whatever you disagree with, stop for a minute and realize the guy is very hurt. Thats pretty sick.

Relax, he can't skate because of post concussion symptoms.He's not in a body cast unable to walk again due to any neck injuries.

Now honestly ask yourself if you got this worked up when Naslund couldn't skate because of post concussion syndrome after Moore headhunted him? How about when Lindros had his concussion troubles, or when Lemieux plastered Drapers face all over the boards and put him out?

Naslund ended up playing the rest of the season and the playoffs with post concussion syndrome, plus a messed up arm he ended up having to have surgery on.

" it would be horrible for canada as the US news would eat it up..."

No they won't. Its not the European or Canadian media you are talking about.

Mark

"Now honestly ask yourself if you got this worked up when Naslund couldn't skate because of post concussion syndrome after Moore headhunted him?"

Of course he didnt, because Naslund isnt on the Avs.

"How about when Lindros had his concussion troubles, or when Lemieux plastered Drapers face all over the boards and put him out?

Good point, Draper's condition was much worse after that than moore was after Bert smacked him.

"Naslund ended up playing the rest of the season and the playoffs with post concussion syndrome, plus a messed up arm he ended up having to have surgery on. "

And coming from a euro, that makes moore look like even more of a puss.

OK but Allison and Deadmarsh have suffered from PCS for over a year and neither have played. If the concussion was serious Nasland had no business on the ice and the training staff had no reason to clear him to play. Naslands concussion as compaired to moores was problably like comparing Sakics broken jaw to Ronecks...one hurt like a bitch and caused the player to miss a couple games (actually only one and that was because of surgery), the other was nasty and caused Roneck to spend a bit more time out. Concussions come in many differnt strengths.

Roenick missed more time because of the concussion he got along with the broken jaw.

Concussions are evil, nobody can say anything differently.People have different pain thresholds and tolerances for head injuries, and yeah no two concussions or post concussion syndrome, will be to the exact same degree.

The point being that nobody's playing right now so anyone with concussion symptoms should be resting and healing up.Good to hear his neck injuries were not a big deal and all healed up now though, hopefully the cobwebs clear up and he continues his career.

Deadmarsh and Allison's cases are different and due to repeated head trauma over a long time.

Plus you're reading too much into:

"Steve can't skate yet," Moore's agent Larry Kelly tells the Denver Post. "He's continuing his rehabilitation, but he's just not there yet."

Sounds like they're pretty optimistic and it's just a matter of time.

He will be playing hockey again sometime and I don't doubt that, I was just pointing out that Naslands head injury problably was as bad (plus it came from a legal hit [yet another attempt to keep conversation going])

Oh and to Hellfire:

Steve missed more games than Nasland because the NHL problably wouldn't think highly of a hockey player wearing a stabilizing collar on the ice.

Anyhow, atleast I got some discussion going on here...but there still isn't a reply to the thread I made about my friend playing in the CHL...oh well

"but there still isn't a reply to the thread I made about my friend playing in the CHL...oh well"

I missed that one?

I'll have a look.

You all, especially HellFire missed my point. I really don't care if a player plays for the Red Wings, Nucks, Aves, or any team, if they cannot skate it isn't something that should be joked about.

"coughbullshitcough

since when did huge pussy syndrome get confused with post concussion syndrome?"

We all talk a lot of shit, but when it comes down to it a guy who cannot skate shouldn't be called a pussy. Its not a conspiracy, he can't skate. Leave it at that. If it was Naslund, Yzerman, McCarty, or even Bertuzzi himself, if he couldn't skate and was injured that long ago it isn't really something to make fun of.

Hey, um homeboy, we have already won this arguement like 3 times...just thought I would let you know so maybe you wouldn't sound so over zealous (SP?)

"We all talk a lot of shit, but when it comes down to it a guy who cannot skate shouldn't be called a pussy. Its not a conspiracy, he can't skate. Leave it at that. If it was Naslund, Yzerman, McCarty, or even Bertuzzi himself, if he couldn't skate and was injured that long ago it isn't really something to make fun of."

I'm not callling him a pussy because he cant skate. I'm calling him a pussy because he pussed out of an ass kicking from bert (which he deserved by the way), which is why he got sucker punched in the first place.

I'm also calling him a pussy for playing up his injuries and making it seem alot worse than it really was. If they didn't play it up so much in the first place, there wouldnt have been big media coverage on it, and we probly wouldnt even be talking about it now.

He's also a pussy for the way he handled everything when it was all said and done. You dont see Naslund, Yzerman, or McCarty feeling sorry for themselves, acting like poor victims, or embellishing their injuries. If moore would stop being such a fucking puss, he probly would be able to skate by now and his rehab would be almost done.

Do you mean hellfire?

What do i need to let go of? lol

"they found enough fault to charge him criminally with his actions"

Sure and the crown only ever lays charges where they need to be layed.They're never wrong.

Unbelievable. The nurses that treated him the night of the incident said that they would have sent him home after the examination as per SOP but Avalanche officials wouldn't let him leave the hospital.

So did Moore have to fight everyone on the Canuck team then? Cause he had his fight earlier in the game? He should have just fought the whole team then Hellfire? Then he wouldn't be a pussy. I do not understand how you think he is overplaying his injuries if he can't physically skate?