Still no Traditional forum?

The TMA forum will be a hit considering how almost everyone currently in MMA started off in a TMA.

Hopefully trolls could stay off it, too. Heck I'd moderate if mods are needed. Some people still do TMA and if they want a place to discuss it without troll attempts, they should have it.

Up until the summer my backround was entirely TMA and I would be more than happy to moderate if asked.

I also volunteered in my email to Kirik. I've taken TKD, kendo, HKD, judo, and recently started arnis. I also live with an Eagle Claw student.

I think trolls would be pretty frustrated, really. The core of this site is MMA, so anyone posting on the TMA board would not be the kind of un-initiated, deluded fanatic that they're usually looking for.

Some people are just as close - minded as some of the crap TMA guys out there, Willybone. They still want to put us into a US vs THEM category instead of seeing all as martial artists.

TTT for TMA! Kirik make me a mod.

Yeah, I support a TMA forum as well. I am still much more a TMA guy than an MMA guy (although I'm changing that slowly).

Gotta be a lot of people willing to have one?

I think having a traditional forum would be great because there many traditonal martial artists that are starting to incorparate many of the modern training concepts to there systems and are training to fight in MMA. These fighters (as Myself) needs a place were we can comunicate with other fighters with the same goal, but minus the idiots that are quick to say our style or system doesn't work, whch is funny because as soon as someone comes into MMA representing one of these useless styles effectively everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Fighters like Jeff Newton, Jason Delucia, Shonie Carter, Yuki Kondo plus others are all fighters that are exciting, why? because they do things that most people don't see in MMA. So to keep the entertainment value up in MMA than it will be good to have a forum for the fighters that are looking to take there art to the ultimate.

Seifer is correct.

Hey willybone, your incoming mail has been disabled! Unlock it so I can send ya a message.

Willybone, you got mail on your yahoo account.

TTT

They do, its called philosophy forum.

The philosophy ground is full of Romos! This is like the third time we asked for a TMA forum.

TTT

"This is like the third time we asked for a TMA forum. " Has Kirik been given everything he needs?

Well, a TMA forum COULD be effective in helping to get some traditional types more interested in mma. I've tried to get more than a couple of my old training partners interested in this site, but they get turned off by all the anti-TMA talk or are just shocked by the wealth of training info they're missing out on. Either way, they usually just lurk or disappear altogether.

A TMA forum might be a way to get them to wet their feet a little without feeling insulted.

Martialartsfan is correct both times.

glock4life, good point about them not feeling insulted. And then we would not need all the "mma not for streets, my katas are much better" threads here, they could be at the tma forum so we do not feel insulted. I have nothing against tma's, but I am tired of the mma not for street stuff from guys trying to compensate for something, my impression is that most of the insults against tma's are on these threads.