Still not a big JBJ fan, but after last night.....

I do have more respect for him due to him fighting through pain and adversity, just as Gusty did. It's how a champ is supposed to fight and he did.

Now, I could still do without his stupid "warrior spirit" and "God is great" Ray Lewis-type jumble. Still a bit immature while not fighting, but not quite as bad as he used to be.

By the way, I had Gusty winning the fight until the elbow slice in the 4th. JBJ winning rounds 2, 4 & 5. Gusty winning rounds 1 & 3. Would have accepted a decision either way. Was hoping Gusty would win because I do not like champs having the belt for too long because the division starts to become predictable and stale.

I think the Swede wins the rematch, but that's just my opinion.

Anyone else still dislike JBJ, but have a bit more respect for him now? Or do you still just plain hate his ass?

He gained a brownie point or two for his performance last night. Phone Post

OneSidedWar - He gained a brownie point or two for his performance last night. Phone Post

This. I was always a massive fan of his skills hes just harder to like when hes in the limelight. Last night definitely worked in his favor Phone Post

BernardHopkins -

i still cant understand why anyone gets upset over him talking about God.

Well if he was a scientologist and thanked some alien after his fights would you think he was a cunt? Phone Post

People are assholes. They are both warriors and that fight last night was, to me, top 5 best fights in MMA/UFC history. Right up there with Hendo/Shogun, except this fight was more technical leading into the championship rounds instead of two gassed out guys swinging.

I'll never say anything bad about Jones character :).

DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee - 
BernardHopkins -

Well if he was a scientologist and thanked some alien after his fights would you think he was a cunt? Phone Post

Nope.

If a guy wants to believe in Xenu and that helps him better understand his place in the universe, more power to him. I prefer Darwin and other scientists myself, but to each their own.

BernardHopkins - 

Because if someone has the right to talk about religion, others have the right to say if they think it is the appropriate setting or not.

I think a lot of people surmise God doesn't give a shit about how a fight or a training camp goes. In fact, he/she/it would probably prefer all fighters select a different line of work. Also, many just prefer others keep their God, agnostic or atheist views to themselves unless asked.

If a fighter grabbed the mic and started talking about how he didn't believe in God and it was merely his hard work, coaches, and training partners that got him to where he was in the sport, he would be lambasted ad nauseam.

I honestly didn't think bones would have that much heart if someone was pounding on him like that. He impressed me a lot.

I'm also very glad that Gus is getting the credit I thought he deserved the whole time. And what a chin on both of them!

Great fight. Phone Post 3.0

And LOL at people just assuming Bones was gonna walk right through him easily. When will people learn? Phone Post 3.0

DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee -
BernardHopkins -

Yikes... That was a lopsided, patronizing parallel if Ive ever heard one. Phone Post 3.0

OneSidedWar - 

He gained a brownie point or two for his performance last night. Phone Post

I felt similar, based on his performance in the cage, but that post fight interview was cringe worthy. Dude, just give your opponent the credit he deserves and leave it at that.

All champs are elevated when they have defended their title thru adversity.

Agreed. Phone Post 3.0