Sting Injury Update (Possibly)

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Sting may have suffered a neck injury last night at Night Of Champions after Rollins power bombed him. Which if true could lead to his time ending in the ring.

I personally think this sucks if true. Yes the guy is old and it's way past due for him even being in WWE but sadly I think he's gonna be remembered in WWE for being a joke and flop. He was a legend in WCW which is what he should be remembered for. I don't understand the point of him going 0-2 in his first two matches. If anything he SHOULD have beaten HHH at Wrestlemania. Now he may never get the chance to pick up a win in WWE. Phone Post 3.0

It really looked liked a shoot injury didn't think he was faking it at all

edward nigma - It really looked liked a shoot injury didn't think he was faking it at all
From what I saw he looked legit hurt. I really didn't see the power bomb or the reply because the shitty stream on the network but he did look like he really was hurt. Phone Post 3.0

I was never a huge Sting fan growing up due to being a total WWF slappy. But at 56 he has been very impressive in the ring given his limitations. I'd hate to see him go out this way (0-2 and injured) and I hope he can still get one brief run with the title before taking his rightful place in the HOF. Phone Post 3.0

Hope sting recovers it would be the right thing to do for him to take a break then maybe a short run to mania and retire.

He deserves to go out better than this. Phone Post 3.0

I really like what someone in the Night of Champions thread suggested. They said to have Sting win and hand over the belt to HHH on Raw. That way he can go out as champion and at least have held the WWF/WWE World Title once in his amazing career. Phone Post 3.0

I've always been against guys coming back to relive their glory days. Most of the time their matches look like shit or they hurt themselves. I could see something similar happening to Undertaker. Phone Post 3.0

don't understand WWE allowing a 56 year old to be power bombed against the corner turnbuckle?

Barry_BondsMVP - don't understand WWE allowing a 56 year old to be power bombed against the corner turnbuckle?
Wasn't it two buckle bombs? Phone Post 3.0

Was it whiplash with the turnbuckle powerbombs? It didn't look like his head or neck hit. Sting's Scorpion Deathlocks looked awful. At the end, this match reminded me of his work in TNA, when it was obvious his opponents were slowing down for his sake.

I didn't see it Shadow, what is a two buckle bomb?

Sad to see. Sting was my favorite as a kid. He should have beaten HHH and then lost to Rollins. He deserves better than 0-2, with 1 of those losses to HHH, and then injured and out. Phone Post 3.0

Meltzer just reported that Sting is supposed to open the show tonight with a "major announcement" Phone Post 3.0

It has been confirmed that it is a serious neck injury. Really sucks, he was my favorite wrestler from WCW. He's at that age where he should be retiring but he shouldn't go out like this. To bad HHH and Vince especially couldn't put their egos aside for one night and let Sting win at Mania. Phone Post 3.0

omgjoshjames - Sad to see. Sting was my favorite as a kid. He should have beaten HHH and then lost to Rollins. He deserves better than 0-2, with 1 of those losses to HHH, and then injured and out. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. I know they can't tell the future and see an injury coming but losing to HHH made no sense at all. One of the worse booking decisions ever. Phone Post 3.0

Barry_BondsMVP - don't understand WWE allowing a 56 year old to be power bombed against the corner turnbuckle?

COntinuing to punish him as some "face of WCW defeat" is the only thing I can see.

Rollins was already tired and damaged from the first match, they basically wasted that angle in order to have him beat on 56 year old like he was a young wrestler.

The push into the table consoles and really giving him next to zero time to recover by flexing at the crowd or something by Rollins suggests this beating Sting took was the point of the match.

I bet they use this tonight with Rollins going on about "I broke Stings neck that's how cool I am" which is shameless to me as a company. Cena's nose is one thing.

Like I don't get either way like Barry what the point of any of it was.

They have made Rollins look weak for months with dirty finishes and then last night try and make him look strong by railing on a 56 year old that he still needed a small package to win with.

The whole thing is bizarre and seems intentional in this scapegoating Sting.

I in no way think Sting SHOULD have won a belt, the old ways would have had him get some scramble distraction finish and hold the belt for a day or something make a speech on Raw about "Proving a point" and then putting the belt up as vacant to start a HHH vs Rollins feud and Shameass cashin looming angle. But that's the old ways of the business. Now they use legends as props since they finally clued into people wanting to kill Hogan for his push hoarding even as the worst worker on the roster in the 2000's

They used Sting as a prop legend, one who could still work and in the booking have made it clear all they want is to make sure anyone who never worked for Vince in any prime years, never gets the the credit for outside work.

And now have wasted the only angle people really wanted to see with him which was Taker and is both guys speed anyways.

Not everyone wants to see every angle but that was the one that made most sense since the rumours started a long time ago.

Brilliant WWE.

Barry_BondsMVP - don't understand WWE allowing a 56 year old to be power bombed against the corner turnbuckle?
Just saw a video on YouTube and it looked like he hit pretty hard. Looks like the center of his spine hit the top part of the top buckle, you could see his neck snap back. Phone Post 3.0

Apparently Sting is set to lead off Raw. Not sure if in the ring or on screen

https://twitter.com/TopRopePress/status/646108232038117376