Stipe proves you don't need a mega gym

HeyMarkIt1886 -

Truth be told, his Gym is a mega Gym in the Midwest. Ohio is a hotbed of mma and his Gym has been at the center of the sport since the 1990s. 

Strong Style. 

This.

wiggum - Strong Style is an excellent regional gym. It's just not widely considered to be a super gym. I think OP is right. Stipe doesn't need to change what is not broken. At Strong Style, he has a team that is focused on and dedicated to him. Too many fighters think they need to be at a higher profile gym, when that's not necessarily the case.
Ben Henderson was also from a small gym too i think
Morpheus1976 -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

Being a golden gloves boxer with solid wrestling experience and a great chin is a big part too, you know

he got KO-ed by Struve. so you are little bit off.

It wasn’t a KO. Watch the fight again. He totally gassed, and he was getting beaten down. Took tons of shots to the head, without fighting back and not getting KO’d. The ref stopped it. It was a TKO. Huge difference, and actually supports my point that he has a solid chin.

wiggum - Strong Style is an excellent regional gym. It's just not widely considered to be a super gym. I think OP is right. Stipe doesn't need to change what is not broken. At Strong Style, he has a team that is focused on and dedicated to him. Too many fighters think they need to be at a higher profile gym, when that's not necessarily the case.

This. I love Stipe 3 coaches who are they?  Dude in the bandanna seems passionate as hell!  When Stipe won, they all won.

gotta respect the fighters that stay at the gyms that helped create them. too many guys running to jacksons and att these days. and theyre actually not doing that good. ex: everyone at jacksons right now and joanna.