Stockton man stops attack on family after UFC 160

Pretty cool story coming out of Stockton:

Stockton isn’t just the home of UFC fighters Nate and Nick Diaz, it’s also the home of one Abel Simmons, a 29-year-old father of two and UFC fan who was the victim of an attempted carjacking late Saturday night following UFC 160.

Simmons, his wife, a newborn and 2-year-old, were pulling up to their home in Stockton, having just returned from watching UFC 160, when a would-be carjacker came up and started pounding on the back window of their SUV. The man then tried opening the back door where Simmons’ two children were sleeping.

Simmons hopped out and tried to stop the man while his wife dialed 911. The attacker punched Simmons in the face, but Simmons, no doubt inspired by some of the night’s impressive UFC 160 action, shot in for a double leg and then went for submissions!

He explained:

“I just snatched his legs and took him down. I had just put him in an arm bar, he slipped right out of it. So then I got him in a rear naked choke and started rolling and squirming around. He got out of that as well. … I had him in a guillotine choke. And he wasn’t getting out of that. I had that lock really tight. I just held him in place and said, ‘Well, guess you are going to jail tonight buddy.’”

HERE'S FULL STORY AND A VIDEO REPORT/INTERVIEW: http://prommanow.com/2013/05/27/after-watching-ufc-160-carjacking-victim-uses-ufc-moves-to-thwart-attack/

Send this family to the next UFC Dana!! Or at least a training session with the Diaz brothers in Stockton!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

AWESOME story. Agreed with the OP, fly this dude and his family to Seattle Dana!

Where the hell did he take a newborn and two yr old to watch the fights? Would be awesome if Chuck E Cheese had fight nights. Phone Post

Awesomeness.

Incredible story! Phone Post

Just saw this. Awesome. He's lucky the guy didn't have a weapon.

Thats awesome.

UFC should give him some tickets to the next event in Cali.

Stockton motherfucker! What?! Phone Post 3.0

IBProfane - AWESOME story. Agreed with the OP, fly this dude and his family to Seattle Dana!
Agreed Phone Post 3.0

Awesome story. That being said it sounds like he could use more traneing lol =P Phone Post

Choochy - Where the hell did he take a newborn and two yr old to watch the fights? Would be awesome if Chuck E Cheese had fight nights. Phone Post
Friends house maybe. Phone Post 3.0

Wow! Good stuff. It's not safe to be a hijacker anymore... Phone Post 3.0

What a badass. Phone Post 3.0

Choochy - Where the hell did he take a newborn and two yr old to watch the fights? Would be awesome if Chuck E Cheese had fight nights. Phone Post
Yea I was wondering the same. It was prolly a family friend the guys watch the fights while the women done wherever Phone Post 3.0

Niiice.

Where you at carjacker????

This guy rules. Phone Post 3.0

Why did he get out?

Seriously.

If you have kids and a wife in the vehicle; why jump out?

Why not floor it and drive away?

Imagine if that jacker had a buddy who stole the vehicle while he was playing hero?

Glad it turned out the way it did but he struggled with the guy and it could have easily turned into something awful.

If you have a newborn in the back I think you rethink hopping out and double legging a guy. Phone Post

Phone Post 3.0

And then cecil peoples scored it 30-27 for carjacker... Phone Post 3.0