2. Ninja vs Saku

3. Herring vs Rizzo

4. Emelianenko Fedor vs. Mark Coleman

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Kerr

6. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Kevin Randleman

7. Igor vs Sylvia

Alternate match between Hendo and Frank Shamrock

See that? Thats a grand prix. Thats a tourny that owns. UFC for me. "

Uh, and the UFC is providing this? I don't get it...

I like MMA. I like to watch both Pride and the UFC.

"The problem isn't the fighters, it's the matchups. Why matchup Fedor/Coleman and Cro/Cop Randleman when you have undeserving guys like Giant Silva/Sumo guy and Ogawa/Leko fighting each other?"

Not sure what you're saying here. It sounds like you're saying instead of having two good guys fight each other, you should have them fight the undeserving guys. But then you get people complaining that these are horrible mismatches giving some fighters "byes" to the next round.

As for bringing in UFC guys, the UFC is basically in the middle of a HW round-robin of their own, so none of their guys would be available for a three-show tournament spread out over five months.

Barnett said in February he expected to be in the GP, but probably asked for a ridiculous amount of money. I think he should be in there just so it could be proven that he is not a top HW.

It really is that easy isn't it keoni?

How about igors injured, kerr lost his spot, rizzo is signed to k-1, sylvia belongs to ufc, barnett belongs to inoki prides rival, and ricco is still in ufc.

Your grand prix would include maybe 6 men not making it a grand prix at all.

Also I dont know why you have sak in yours. Sak has no business being in there.

In the end its all about business. I have bought every UFC and Pride for as far back as I can remember. But I just cant bring myself to pay for a bunch of MMA fighters vs prowrestlers and people have never seen. Thats my choice and that is the option I have.

Good post Ghost!!!!

Ninja420 speaks the truth.

For a first round we will have 4 competitive matches.

Fedor vs Coleman

Crocop vs Randleman

Kharitonov vs Ninja

Possibly Noguiera vs Yokoi(to an extent)

In any 16 man or team event in any sport from basketball to hockey to MMA, however times are top fighters/teams matched up in the first round?

This is what the elite 8 will look likew going into the first round:

Fedor

Noguiera

Mirko

Herring

Kharitonov

Ogawa

Giant Silva

XXXXXXXX (still waiting on fighter 16)

At this point, it appears you will have 5 quality guys, Ogawa(take him for what its worth and 1 freak.

If another quality Heavyweight gets signed, we may have 6 of the 8 second round fighters who all can fight.

I see this PPV pulling 3000 buys or so...fucking horrible.

"orcus, that is exactly my point. I would rather watch mismatches in the first round then watch 2 guys who are top 8 in the field fight, while 2 guys who are in the bottom 8 of the field fight."

Just goes to show you can't please everyone. In numerous other posts on other threads on this topic, people are complaining about mismatches, because they would rather see the top guys fight each other.

Why do you guys think Leko will win? Even though he is not that good,Ogawa is still better on the ground than Leko,and he is a silver medalist in Judo,so I think he has an Idea on how to take people down.

I don't see why Giant Silva is in there.  Sentoryu (sp) for me is what ever.  Match him up with Ogawa... fine...  I would have rather seen Frye in the mix at least...

I can understand no UFC fighters being in the mix and no K-1 or Inoki boys but Gan in Frye should at least have a chance IMO.