Stop with the crazy talk already

Seriously, if you truely believe Lindland beats Fedor without the rope grab, you need to go back and watch all the Fedor fights from the last 2-3 years. He is simply NOT going to lose to someone he can beat in every single dept of MMA apart from takedowns. Not going to happen. How long has anyone ever kept him on his back?

31 views..no comments, I can only assume everyone agrees!

exactly. It's a joke. He would have been submitted, reversed or just stood up by Fedor. Maybe it would have taken a couple of mins, maybe 20 secs.

Maybe he would have tried to stand up and gotten guillotined? Maybe a few more punches would have opened that huge cut further and they would have had to stop it?

Anyway, despite the conjecturing -- "if you truely believe Lindland beats Fedor without the rope grab" -- NO ONE has said that that I've seen.

If Fedor is so superior why did he have ot grab the rope then? Just saying, if Lindland had him cut and was about to get top position within the first minute then he clearly was competitive.

I agree. Stop this madness.

Shows a lot of people don't know shat about MMA, yet post like crazy.

Since when does Fedor cheat to win?

I dont think you can say either way what would have happened had he not grabbed the rope. We just dont know. But what you can say for sure is that he did grab the ropes and used that grab to stop a take down and gain an advantage. Even the commentators mentioned it. I think the best thing to do would have been to stand them back up.

Fence/Rope grabbing happens all the time in MMA. Look at Chuck x Randy 3. Chuck clearly grabs the fence when Randy attempts a takedown yet nobody had a debate about that.

LOL at Matt Lindland keeping Fedor on his back. Who has really been able to do that? If Matt won by cut, people would have been debating that shit, saying what would have happened if it went longer but it didn't because Fedor was able to get the clear submission.

"Chuck clearly grabs the fence when Randy attempts a takedown yet nobody had a debate about that."

lol -- yes, they did, and for the same reason.

"LOL at Matt Lindland keeping Fedor on his back. Who has really been able to do that? "

Arona, who is not the wrestler Matt is. Herring and Hunt, neither of whom are anywhere near Matt's level of wrestling (though obviously much heavier). Coleman was subbed from the bottom, but Fedor didn't actually escape or reverse him.

Not saying that he would have beaten him, just saying Matt would have been on top for a bit.

"Arona, who is not the wrestler Matt is. Herring and Hunt, neither of whom are anywhere near Matt's level of wrestling (though obviously much heavier)."

Arona will keep anyone down IMO, easily as good as Lindland at keeping someone down. Also that was very early in Fedor's MMA career. Herring - how long did that last? Hunt - yep, but as you say, huge guy. IMO Fedor wasn't overly concerned about being on his back either with Hunt...JMO of course.

"Coleman was subbed from the bottom, but Fedor didn't actually escape or reverse him."

Let's not forget how long Randleman lasted on top AFTER dumping Fedor on his head....5 seconds maybe?

Don't forget that during that match Lindland grabbed the ropes, punched to the back of the head and threw knees to the spine.

"Chuck clearly grabs the fence when Randy attempts a takedown yet nobody had a debate about that."

If by "nobody had a debate about that" you mean "half the threads on the UG were debating Chuck's fence grabbing, and hardly a day goes by on the forum without further discussion of Chuck's fence grabbing"... then you are correct.

LOL

" Someone explain to me why this fight took place again?"

Lindland has balls of steel, that's why.

"

Don't forget that during that match Lindland grabbed the ropes, punched to the back of the head and threw knees to the spine."

Really?

When people realize that fence and rope grabbing is instinctive, these debates will go away.

Fence and rope grabbing will never be enforced because refs know it's a fighters instinct to try to grab something when they are gonna fall on their ass. If youve ever grappled in a ring or cage you know this. Fedor did nothing no other fighter would have done. There shouldn't even be a discussion.

The only fence grabs that I've ever seen that should have been punished were Penn/Uno 1, Arlovski/ Pe de Pano, and the infamous Kharantinov/ Schilt fight. These guys held on while they already had position, and delivered finishing shots while holding the ropes/fence.

IF you consider that a rope grab then yes, it could have made a huge difference. Fedor's face was gushing blood.... all Linland had to do was GNP for a couple mins and hit it a few more times. It was right over the eye and definetely could have caused a stoppage.

As for rope grabbing / fence grabbing in general, it needs to be penalized. It's so bad right now(not saying that Fedor grabbed the ropes, I don't think he did) that I really wouldn't mind if rope/cage grabbing resulted in an automatic point deduction.