Storage Wars-i dont get it....

ok, there are 3-4 groups of individuals that go around and bid on different abandoned storage units...there is a cute blonde i see im lost as to the appeal of this show..anyone else confused??

and yes, i am the same guy that is going to watch a guy purposefully get eaten by a snake tonight on another channel so i guess its an individual taste type thing..

Fake reality tv. Phone Post

Yeah i red that the producers put things in storages on purpose Phone Post 3.0

What channel is the guy getting eaten by a snake going to be on? Phone Post 3.0

CarbonKid_24 - Yeah i red that the producers put things in storages on purpose Phone Post 3.0
Of course they do!
No one would watch a show about plastic garden furniture and old tax returns.

I like the idea of a big score tho, like the chick that found the Paris Hilton unit and sold it for over a hundred grand.

I want to believe! Phone Post 3.0

Just googled the dude being eaten by a snake and discovered that it won't be airing until December 7th, you dun goofed OP. Phone Post 3.0

"That's a 40 dollar bill right there" Phone Post 3.0

YUUUUUUP Phone Post 3.0

My friend got into this bullshit and started buying units. it's a 100% waste of time.

98% utter garbage. Old clothes, old lawn furnature, old dishes, family pictures, discarded trash.   He'd immediatly dumpster most of it, then he'd take anything he could sell on craigslist and list it.  What wouldn't sell on craigslist he had to take to flea markets and when it didn't get bought there he threw it in the dumpster.  The best thing he found was a 300. ring.  That to offset the 3000 he spent in untis and all his time and energy. He ended up in the hole money wise and the time wasted was ridiculous. 

BBC_Fighting -

My friend got into this bullshit and started buying units. it's a 100% waste of time.

98% utter garbage. Old clothes, old lawn furnature, old dishes, family pictures, discarded trash.   He'd immediatly dumpster most of it, then he'd take anything he could sell on craigslist and list it.  What wouldn't sell on craigslist he had to take to flea markets and when it didn't get bought there he threw it in the dumpster.  The best thing he found was a 300. ring.  That to offset the 3000 he spent in untis and all his time and energy. He ended up in the hole money wise and the time wasted was ridiculous. 

I've wondered about this, you would think the storage place would go through it first and take out anything of value Phone Post 3.0

SoupCanBBC - 
BBC_Fighting -

I've wondered about this, you would think the storage place would go through it first and take out anything of value Phone Post 3.0

Yea, they claim they can't do this and don't.  I call bullshit.  Auction starts at 9 pm, you don't think they are going to open it first and see if there's not al ole shelby mustang in there first?

BBC_Fighting -
SoupCanBBC - 
BBC_Fighting -

Yea, they claim they can't do this and don't.  I call bullshit.  Auction starts at 9 pm, you don't think they are going to open it first and see if there's not al ole shelby mustang in there first?

I've never gone to an auction, but I had a unit for years.

Before the auctions, they always posted a flyers with basic contents of the units... Phone Post 3.0

KneeToFaceKO - Fake reality tv. Phone Post
Yeah its just called reality tv tho Phone Post 3.0

It's complete bullshit.

"So, wut we gots hea....old ragged clothing, some shit metal, couple of knobs, some old ass filled diapers, ....Oh look, an Albanian Rattail Flintlock Pistol...that might be worth something....."

Shit tv Phone Post

Slapsymaxi - 
BBC_Fighting -
SoupCanBBC - 
BBC_Fighting -

I've never gone to an auction, but I had a unit for years.

Before the auctions, they always posted a flyers with basic contents of the units... Phone Post 3.0

I worked as a U-Haul manager for a year, and on a monthly basis we did unit auctions.

They are correct in that, by law, the units are supposed to remain untouched.

Our policy was, when the unit was scheduled for auction, I would wait until our guy from the district office who handled the auctions would come out. Then together, we would first gain access to the unit. We would try to use a key, but most of these units never gave us a copy, etc. So, we had to crack the lock, either with bolt cutters or by drilling out the tumbler. We'd go through about one bit a month doing this shit.

Once the unit is opened, our only job was to verify that there was nothing illegal in the unit. If we saw drugs, money, etc, we had to stop the inventory and call the cops. BTW, inventory took all of at most 10 minutes for a unit the size of a one car garage. Then, move on to the next unit.

It wasn't worth our fucking time to try and carefully inventory the units. We knew the units 99% of the time contained jack shit that was really worth risking our jobs or the cops. Seriously, you think I want to give up my job to get my hands on somebody's forgotten living room sectional? Fuck that.

Probably the strangest situation I had was a family that admitted they couldn't pay the fees, and were willing to give up the unit to auction, but before they did, could we please go inside and retrieve the cremated ashes of their grandfather?

Show jumped the shark when Dave left and is unwatchable without Barry. Phone Post 3.0

I was taking a load to the dump the other day and the people who own a lot of storage units here had a nice big truck full they were getting rid of.

Big straight truck full. I'm sure they know it's only garbage too. Phone Post 3.0

I like to watch it while I eat.
Sometimes I learn something. Idk if they talk about anything with any merit but its had some decent conversation starters at least. Phone Post 3.0

The only way you could make money off all that crap is if you already have a used clothing store where you can sell all that shit.....just like that Hester dude and the chick with the big tits on that show