Stout Vs Edwards

I hated seeing Yves get popped like that. He's a good friend and classy guy. Regardless, he got caught by a great hook and Stout deserved the KO bonus. Very impressive win. Yves had the best Twitter post afterward:

"I finally watched the fight. Some good things and some bad. One really bad one. Best thing-at least I got KOed by good person & not a Dbag."

potsie - good job changing the subject. Dont care about fighter-in-question's personal details and finances. As a fight fan, just not overly interested in seeing Stout grind out close decisions, with no chance of strapping on the belt. He has been in the UFC long enough.
Well then, I guess it's time for you to move on, as it would seem you are in the minority. They keep giving him large sums of cash to do what he does and people seem to enjoy it. The lightweight class has numerous close decisions because the talent pool is so deep. In fact, you may recall that Edgar guy and that Maynard guy having a rather close fight for aforementioned title. As a fight fan, you should check out some of those Vancouver riot videos. 

Trevor Linden never won the Stanley Cup but I didn't mind watching him play in the NHL for 19 years. Sam is still young, still improving and will be a serious threat to anyone that stands in his way.

The only "serious threat" Stout offers is for the fight judge who wants to go home early. Sorry, but Stout is lightly regarded in the regular underground forum for reasons that people on this forum choose to ignore. Mentioning Stout in the same breath with Edgar is also laughable. Edgar has fought top talent and won, including defeating bj Penn TWICE. Stout still has nightmares of eternal runner-ups like Fisher and Florion.

LOL! Sure thing Potsie, Stout is so boring that his continued bonus' really put him in danger of being dropped from the UFC.

As a fan, you are more than welcome to your opinion. You're just another hater on a guy who doing good things in the UFc and a guy who paved the way for a lot of other MMA in Canada.

Keep drinking your hate and Sam will keep fighting. You're one of the few who don't want to see him.

I'm not really a stout fan either, so take this for what it's worth-my 2 cents. I'm not really a fan because he has huge holes in his game and watching a guy with a ton of talent not fully develop, is frustrating(I never liked Eugene Jackson, Patrick Cote, Chris Leben, et al for this same reason-and they get more ko's). the only time he is in a good fight is when the other guy sucks or the other guy agrees to fight Sam's fight(coming in out of shape, "testing" their standup, etc.).

That being said he has great standup and good defense on the ground, but no takedowns, no ground game, limited clinch game, good ring general ship. Hard to put in a bad spot.

if he worked some of the other parts of his game he would definitely get more ko's.

He is a C+ or a B- for the division, but he is still getting better.

potsie - good job changing the subject. Dont care about fighter-in-question's personal details and finances. As a fight fan, just not overly interested in seeing Stout grind out close decisions, with no chance of strapping on the belt. He has been in the UFC long enough.

As a fight fan I enjoy watching entertaining fights.  They don't give out the fight of the night bonus to people who aren't in entertaining fights.  I could care less about some peice of jewlery that some fighters may or may not wear around their waist.  If a fighter puts on good fights, then I want to see it.  Sam has many FOTY bonuses.

Haters make no sense to me.

Great dude, great fighter, great KO. Like, c'mon.