Strange idea

I've been binge watching I almost got away with it on Netflix and Im wondering where in this day and age could someone just show up with 1500$ in their pockets and just start over Phone Post 3.0

Start over with $1500?

Have fun living in an abandoned shithole in Detroit.

Lol I saw at least 4 or 5 episodes of dudes pulling that I'm almost positive it doesn't work anymore but it got me wondering Phone Post 3.0

At 19 I had an uncle drive me from Colorado to Minneapolis, with 3g's cash.
My uncle was going for the weekend, Friday drive there, Saturday take care of shit, Sunday drive home.

Saturday morning I bought a car for 2g down and $200/month at a buy here pay here lot. That guy mentioned a lumberyard down the street was looking for help, 2hrs later I had a job that started Monday.

I imagine if it was just me. I could do it again with relative ease, with the family? Forget about it. Far too expensive to accomplish. Phone Post 3.0

North Dakota.

Even out east in Fargo there are help wanted signs everywhere. If your not an idiot, can pass a drug test you could come to town, get an apt and a job in 1-2 days.

If you wanted to make but $ without a lot of skill you could go out west, finding a job will be easy as everyplace is hiring however finding housing will be a bitch.

Zekolas - North Dakota.

Even out east in Fargo there are help wanted signs everywhere. If your not an idiot, can pass a drug test you could come to town, get an apt and a job in 1-2 days.

If you wanted to make but $ without a lot of skill you could go out west, finding a job will be easy as everyplace is hiring however finding housing will be a bitch.
Really that simple and quick to find work there? Phone Post 3.0

Messiah of Malice - 
Zekolas - North Dakota.

Pretty much. ND unemployment rate is 2.7%; to put that in perspective around 4% is usually considered full employment where anyone who wants a job has one, there will always be some layoffs/transfer's.

Below 3.5% is usually considered a workers advantage, below 3% is actually considered bad for the economy as it usually means there is a shortage of labor.

Also I think there are over 20k job openings on JobsND alone.

Do you have any skills or known any trades? What is your work experience? Even if you wanted just to do unskilled labor you can make a decent living however you may be working outside or in the elements. The high temp was -5 today and it was -17 last night. Most people cannot handle the cold.

I should say I know there are other OGers that work out here and could advise you better if you want to work construction or out west in the oil fields.

I am a computer programmer/accountant so I have an office job so am not part of that line of work.

PM me if you want, I might be able to help depending on what field of work you are looking for.

Head down Mexico way, live like a king in some shithole jungle until being violently murdered.

Zekolas -
Messiah of Malice - 
Zekolas - North Dakota.

Pretty much. ND unemployment rate is 2.7%; to put that in perspective around 4% is usually considered full employment where anyone who wants a job has one, there will always be some layoffs/transfer's.

Below 3.5% is usually considered a workers advantage, below 3% is actually considered bad for the economy as it usually means there is a shortage of labor.

Also I think there are over 20k job openings on JobsND alone.

Do you have any skills or known any trades? What is your work experience? Even if you wanted just to do unskilled labor you can make a decent living however you may be working outside or in the elements. The high temp was -5 today and it was -17 last night. Most people cannot handle the cold.
Thanks for the info, I'm not looking to go anywhere I was just curious from watching this show and hearing of murderers hiding for years in places they showed up to with like a grand Phone Post 3.0

Now there's just starting over, and there's just starting over while people are looking for you. If people are looking for you I have to assume it becomes much harder because of the paperwork you have to file when getting a job, buying a car, or getting housing

Now days this isn't the sort of thing you can pull off at the drop of a hat.

BUT

You can get a bogus social security number. Illegal aliens do it all the time.

Once you have that then a driver's license isn't that hard to get. Then a bank account, then a Visa card.

Keep the social security card, driver's license, visa card, a .357 revolver, and $2k in $20 bills in a storage locker unit. That's your Reset Button if things ever get Walter White fucked up.

phydeau - Now days this isn't the sort of thing you can pull off at the drop of a hat.

BUT

You can get a bogus social security number. Illegal aliens do it all the time.

Once you have that then a driver's license isn't that hard to get. Then a bank account, then a Visa card.

Keep the social security card, driver's license, visa card, a .357 revolver, and $2k in $20 bills in a storage locker unit. That's your Reset Button if things ever get Walter White fucked up.
I thought you just called the vacuum repair place Phone Post 3.0

Anyone else have any feedback Phone Post 3.0