Strange Rich Franklin Quote

Rich Franklin gave a short update about his injuries over at mmaweekly. In the article, he was quoted as saying the following:

"Franklin started sparring this week and took a knee to the head that required seven stiches. Franklin laughed as he said, 'It's god's way of punishing me, saying I'm not ready yet...'"

It was a lot easier to like Franklin before he started sounding like Jerry Falwell. The arrogance and superiority that comes with pretending to know God's will is the worst part of Christianity.

WTF????-10.0 on that.

'It was a lot easier to like Franklin before he started sounding like Jerry Falwell. The arrogance and superiority that comes with pretending to know God's will is the worst part of Christianity.'

lol wtff?

I pray to Thor, the God of Thunder

lol Thomas

Mr.Franklin do you take Xyience? "everyday"

"I pray to Thor, the God of Thunder"

I think youll find the relationship rather one-sided.

I pray to Crum, but he seldom listens

WTF? ur not serious???

DoctorVanNorstran What you have proposed is known as Pascal's wager and is something Philosphers have discussed for some time and they have found many logical wholes in it. By the way I am religous and do not condone people mocking those who are religous or those who are not. I believe in respect for others.

jesus hates you.

whatever about the religious thing

what about the constant use of third person in that quote!

horrid I say!

stop a tsunami?? being the creator of all he orchestrated it..

I never knew until this past weekend that God's son was married!

Fiat lux. love you bro but Get a life.Anti-Christian, its easy to know Gods will, ask him to forgive you for, only you know what sins.
Then ask him into youre life He will take youre Hatefull ways away Know that he died on the cross for you.so you could have comprehension of his will.
dont be a hater it is so intolerent lol [liberal quote right back at you]
In all seriousness, love yah bro, Hes waiting for you to have the courage and he will give you the grace
In Jesus name Amen

Fiat Lux that's beyond a bad troll.

Please ask God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit for forgiveness immediately.

key words "franklin laughed as he said" ...surely fiatlux isn't being
serious. if he is, then this thread is nothing short of pathetic. that
certainly wouldn't be a good example to try to make the point he is
asserting. an appropriate thread title would be "strange post."

"DoctorVanNorstran What you have proposed is known as Pascal's wager and is something Philosphers have discussed for some time and they have found many logical wholes in it. By the way I am religous and do not condone people mocking those who are religous or those who are not. I believe in respect for others."

Pascal's wager comes down to the following logic "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

It is perfectly logical. Imagine a normal day, and you have a concealed carry permit and a .45 acp sidearm at home. You can carry it on you all day, or you can leave it at home. If it was me, I would always carry it.

Or, for example, you could carry your cellphone every day, or leave it at home. However if you end up in a situation where you find out you needed your gun, or you needed to make an emergancy call, how would you feel if you left it at home?

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Perfectly logical. There's no reason to go through life without being saved, unless you love certain sin(s) too much to give them up. But, if that's the case for you, at least admit it. To say that it's somehow not logical to believe in the LORD because you don't, is, well, illogical.

but sean

if that cellphone would make you:

take up a lot of your time praying to it,

going to church and church functions all the time to praise him,

making you believe that it created the whole universe,

and telling you that you would burn eternally if you didn't belive and follow what he said

then I think you would be like, "um, you're just a cellphone. shut up"

Of course, what if Buddha is the one true god, or Vishnu, then your Pascal's wager will actually be making you go to hell faster.

You should stay Kosher too, just to stay on the safe side like Ned Flanders.

Christians are so dumb.