STREBENDT GOES DOWN IN HISTORY!!!!

Congratulations Gerald. Good luck with Silva.

It was quite upsetting to be honest. The medics rushed in and Dave's little lad is there crying his eyes out. Gerald goes straight over to the kid and gives him a hug and starts talking to him. He then appeals to the crowd to quieten down whilst Dave is seen to. Dave manages to get up and everyone is relieved. It was so fast and so unorthodox neither Dave nor the ref knew what had happened until it was all over.

After this is all cleared up Jean Silva enters the ring to hype up his upcomming rematch with Gerald. Gerald starts miming a choke saying Matao Leo (sp?- y'know 'lion choke') whilst Silva goes nuts and is restrained by promoters. He then tells Jean he's gonna either get him some sleeping pills or that he's not gonna need sleeping pills - I was laughing so hard I didn't even hear it. I'm stood in the ring whilst this is going on thinking - 'Gerald needs to get booked more often, this is entertaining as hell'

Show was great BTW.

For the record I think Jean has bitten off more than he can chew with Gerald.

First of all I am glad that Dave Elliot is O.K. It's no fun to celebrate until you are sure everyone is going to be O.K. and it looks like Dave will recover. The twister is a pretty nasty move and if you don't strech out your legs and hit it fast sometimes they can slip away from you. I took him down and passed his guard and caught the twister in a scramble in about 45 seconds or so in the first round. For those of you who don't know who Dave Elliot is he is a purple belt from Gracie Barra and is one of the top submission fighters in the U.K. He has a record of 6 and 2 with all 6 wins coming by submission so this win was a great confidence booster for me. A lot of people were predicting I would lose so it feals great to go out there and show people how we train at 10th Planet. Eddie Bravo teaches the most agressive style of jiu jitsu in the world and is the reason I am where I am today. When I roll with Eddie I last about 1 min if I can stall a bit so if you want to learn from the best go down to his class on Santa Monica Blvd. You will be glad you did. Gerald Strebendt

"Gerald starts miming a choke saying Matao Leo (sp?- y'know 'lion choke') whilst Silva goes nuts and is restrained by promoters." lol classic

Good job Gerald, now you just gotta take care of silva s well.

Kári.

well done gerald

Congratulations, Gerald. There are now 2 history makers at 10th Planet.

congrats

Congrats, Gerald - that's awesome!!

Congrats!

congrats Gerald.

Congratulations Gerald

Attacko

"Good job Gerald, now you just gotta take care of silva s well."

yeah gerald now you have to take care of silva... again!

I say you beat him like a redheaded step child.... again!

Which twister set-up did Gerald use? The standard one from reverse scarf hold where you hook with the lower leg and roll through? The one where you pull the guy on top of you seems a little riskier...

Congratulations to Gerald. I always thought the twister looked like it deserved to be in MMA.

There's actually a move similar to the twister in a Japanese manga called Tough, where it's called a Bone Tornado and is done by a killing machine engineered by the US government called Edgar C. Garcia. In the comic book, he kills a few guys with it. Someone needs to get Eddie a look at that...

Prik Khee Noo, I put him on his back and scooted him up against the cage and then I gave him enough space to get to his knees to try to stand up (like Chuck Liddel does) and as soon as he got to his knees I put in the "desouza control" and laced my legs in. Once I had the legs locked tight I just pulled him on top of me and secured the head for the tap. It feels a little dangerous pulling a guy on top of you in a mma fight but if you have your legs locked through properly they can't hurt you. They are too streched out and too vulnerable so the usually just panick like he did last night.

TTT

Congrats Gerald

Congratulations Gerald, it would be great to see a video of this.

CONGRATS GERALD!!!!!

"There's actually a move similar to the twister in a Japanese manga called Tough, where it's called a Bone Tornado and is done by a killing machine engineered by the US government called Edgar C. Garcia. In the comic book, he kills a few guys with it. Someone needs to get Eddie a look at that..."

My full name is Edgar, that's pretty weird, huh?

When did this mag come out?

And yeah, somebody give me a look at it, please.

Edgar the fans want to know are you still recovering from 4/20? lol

Congrats Eddie Bravo and Gerald

Ever since Eddie Bravo visited Kingston, Ontario the small grappling community here has been attempting to Twister each other.

Gerald or Eddie any plans to do some more seminars in Ontario or Canada anywhere??

ttyl, Greg Compton