Strickland Turned Down lowball Offer to Fight Costa at 302

1 Like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1777411055561626074

Sean Strickland isn’t refusing to fight Paulo Costa at UFC 302. The former Middleweight champion is just refusing to fight “Borrachinha” at UFC 302, which takes place inside Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on June 1, 2024, for less than $200,000 in show money.

That’s according to “Tarzan” after Costa accused him of turning down an offer to fight in “The Garden State.”“Two days ago, UFC come back and say, ‘Paulo, you fight Strickland on June 1,’” Costa said during an appearance on The Coach And The Casual. “It’s a great fight. It’s a fun fight, ]more] than Cannonier, I think.

“Unfortunately, I don’t know what happened,” Costa continued. “Strickland say, ‘No, he don’t want to fight me.’ Strickland, he refused to fight me, unfortunately. That’s what UFC told me. I just have this information from UFC. I think this fight would be great, I would love to fight him.”

“I never say no … I say ‘How much’ lol,” Strickland wrote on an Instagram story.

He then took the conversation to X (formerly Twitter) where he said he wanted extra scratch to jump into a training camp right away, but UFC wasn’t interested.
“Just fighting the UFC about pay lol it will get sorted soon or it’s gonna get weird man!” he wrote when asked for a fight announcement.

“Out of curiosity … what do you guys think I was offered to fight Costa on 7 weeks notice?” he asked his fans. “Base contract…”

One person guessed $200,000 to show and $200,000 to win. Strickland replied, “Close, but less lol.”

1 Like

How much did he get payed against DDP?

I guess he knows that Costa would kill him and his shit-talking career would be over so better get one more big payday…

Yeah right. Costa would gas

Mixed Martial Arts Thank You GIF by UFC

1 Like

Well, we might have seen the last of Sean

1 Like

BKFC !!!

Doesn’t Sean fight people for free basically every day? Why not fight Costa for close to $200k? Isn’t he financially set anyways??? He contradicts himself too much

3 Likes

This

1 Like

I bet its not just about the money. The UFC often seems to do this thing where they will announce a fight before the fighters accept or in this case, tell one fighter before the other has accepted. That way they can try to pressure the other fighter into accepting on their terms, otherwise “he doesn’t want to fight”.

4 Likes

He is talking too much crap about gay ppl, feminism, the woke shit… and ufc is all about that lol

1 Like

the UFC going the WWE route of freezing fighters out that don’t play ball.
“that motherfucker refused to let me shit on his head!
starve that son of a bitch!”
Ok Vince.

3 Likes

Strickland is a big draw now. BS offer for a short notice fight

4 Likes

Him and costa should both be getting 1M guaranteed per fight

6 Likes

And Costa is talking shit even though he did the exact same thing when they tried to lowball him the first time they offered him Whittacker.

3 Likes

Would be a great fight. I don’t really blame Strickland on one hand, but if we’re being honest this tactic rarely works out for the fighters. They end up fighting way less often and making way less money overall, even if they get the one or two big paydays.

2 Likes

The UFC getting out of that lawsuit for peanuts is giving them a fascist dictatorship mentality.
Cunts.

2 Likes

They already had that attitude, the lawsuit greatly reinforced it

5 Likes