Strickland vs Costa, 302 Matchup in Works 6/1

https://www.mmaweekly.com/news/bo-nickal-scheduled-for-another-ufc-fight-according-to-reports

Tough fight for Bo IMO

1 Like

Jacobs last 2 fights.

He lost to Cody Brundage…

And then in his last fight , his opponent knocked himself out on Jacobs hip bone…

Either way, it’s a good test and I’m glad he’s staying active

On Friday while training I sustained an injury, I got my MRI results back this morning and unfortunately due to a torn ligament in my hand, I will no longer be able to fight on June 1. I want to apologize to the UFC, my opponent, & the best matchmaker Mick Maynard but this was not an injury I could push through. I hope for a quick return and [to] be back in the cage before summer ends. Thank you to all my fans, friends & family for the continued support [heart hands emoji] … the journey continues.”

Currently ranked No. 15 in the MMA Fighting Global Middleweight Rankings, Hernandez is on a five-fight win streak, most recently submitting Roman Kopylov with a rear-naked choke at UFC 298. There is no word on who the UFC will look to replace Hernandez with at this time.

How Whittaker beat him? :laughing:

Caio Borralho has trained with both Sean Strickland and Paulo Costa and feels their fight could be an "easy night for Strickland" 👀 #UFC301 pic.twitter.com/qmnyuruUry

— MMA Fighting (@MMAFighting) May 1, 2024
1 Like

I dislike this fight, Take these two fan favorites for their crazy talk and eliminate one unless the bout itself is awesome and close. Why?

2 Likes

Well… for the fight week lol
I dont like it either, but fight week has a potential to be hilarious

https://www.mmanews.com/news/after-ufc-301-full-confirmed-ufc-302-main-card-newark-june

What’s Next After UFC 301? Full Confirmed UFC 302 Main Card For Newark On June 1

June will kick off with championship stakes in New Jersey.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is making its return to “The Garden State” next month for the UFC 302 pay-per-view (PPV) event, recently made official for Sat., June 1, 2024 inside Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Headlining the card will be the lightweight title fight between reigning 155-pound champion Islam Makhachev and former interim titleholder Dustin Poirier.

The UFC 302 PPV co-main event will feature an important middleweight matchup between former 185-pound champion Sean Strickland and one-time title challenger Paulo Costa.