Strike Force HW Tournament starting in Jan?

Based on what Strikeforce is telling fighters and managers, this event will be the start of its heavyweight tournament -- the centerpiece of what Scott Coker called "a great heavyweight year." There could be as many as four opening-round bouts that night, including, potentially, the return of Fedor Emelianenko.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/columns/story?id=5891447

i wanna see Fedor in Columbus...

I'm assuming the 8 fighters involved would be:

Fedor
Overeem
Werdum
Bigfoot
Barnett (if he ever gets cleared)
Kharitonov
Arlovski
Del Rosario

Also could include Brett Rogers, Lavar Johnson, King Mo, Mike Kyle, or even Todd Duffee (if he signs with SF)

I would take it with a grain of salt, look what happened with the MW tourny Phone Post

Greystoke - I'm assuming the 8 fighters involved would be:

Fedor
Overeem
Werdum
Bigfoot
Barnett (if he ever gets cleared)
Kharitonov
Arlovski
Del Rosario

Also could include Brett Rogers, Lavar Johnson, King Mo, Mike Kyle, or even Todd Duffee (if he signs with SF)

King Mo?

sounds to me like an excuse to justify Fedor vs easier matchup(s) (than Overeem or Werdum II), which would be okay if there was some assurance that Fedor will fight again relatively soon thereafter, to keep the tournament going.

Predicating a tournament on Fedor's willingness to fight often and against non-hand picked opponents, with momentum on their side...not good.

I hope to be proven wrong and for an exciting tourney, as it certainly has potential, but this going smoothly is far from a forgone conclusion.

Mayhem13 -  i wanna see Fedor

period

Be great if it happens.

ttt

aha so the winner of this thing will be the next fighter not to fight overeem? Phone Post

savage animal - sounds to me like an excuse to justify Fedor vs easier matchup(s) (than Overeem or Werdum II), which would be okay if there was some assurance that Fedor will fight again relatively soon thereafter, to keep the tournament going.

Predicating a tournament on Fedor's willingness to fight often and against non-hand picked opponents, with momentum on their side...not good.

Yep. It's clear that Fedor still has the upper hand in negotiations despite the loss to Werdum. Giving him the ability to derail the entire tournament and a whole series of shows if he can't get more money or is matched up with someone that's a threat is just trouble. I hope Coker isn't that dumb.

Awesome if it goes down.

They coudl throw a pretty wild 8 man tournament with 3 months between each round.