Strikeforce 17 - Thompson vs. Noons?!

So it looks like this fight is pretty much confirmed for Strikeforce in April. I'm confused. Why is Nick Diaz fighting Shamrock at Catchweight when we all know Diaz deserves a shot at the Strikeforce Lightweight Title!! KJ Noons refused to fight Nick Diaz back in EliteXC. Right before they went bankrupt, Noons was stripped of his title.

In my eyes, that makes Nick Diaz more of a #1 Contender than Noons..

Long term picture...get both guys in action...

If both win, then you have more of a draw for the next event!

Noons is gonna get beat up!!

The weight class is back to 155 so Diaz is back up to 170.

Pretty much confirmed?

Source?

I thought I heard that Nick doesnt want to try to make 155 and will normally fight at 170?

Here...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8154&zoneid=13

www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp 

if this fight does go down kj is goona get a fucking beatdown put on him war punk.

i like the diaz vs shamrock matchup(bad blood shamrocks KO over Cesar) and i think thompson and noons are both a little overrated but the punk is gonna walk through kj

noons > the punk

Tomato Can - The weight class is back to 155 so Diaz is back up to 170.

Correct.

kj vs josh is good stuff. josh by dec due to ground control

but noons did give 1 of my favorite performances ever:

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

picks - noons > the punk

in what way noons has been ko'd by krazy horse and his biggest wins are diaz by cuts and over the hill yves

DCABE11 - 
picks - noons > the punk

in what way noons has been ko'd by krazy horse and his biggest wins are diaz by cuts and over the hill yves

i think he has better hands, and can fight out of any position josh puts him on the ground...

well be an excellent fight, but i think kj takes this.

Josh has more ways to win with his better all around more experienced MMA Game.

Noons probably has the advantage with the better faster hands though..

My pick is Josh.

Love to see this fight.

Thompson will most likely beat Noons. I just think Diaz/Thompson would be much more of an exciting fight. But since Diaz already said he's staying up at 170, that kinda sucks. Ah well..

Thompson KO - Round 1