Strikeforce announces dissolution of HW Div!

Who's ready for some super fights!?!

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/15/2638909/strikeforce-announces-the-dissolution-of-its-heavyweight-division#storyjump

In before "business as usual"...

business as usual

I am interested in seeing where this heads now.

Very excited for the new possibilities with Strikeforce. Phone Post

It appears as if the Grand Prix finale will be the last HW fight in Strikeforce, and I'm assuming the winner of the Grand Prix will go on to the UFC with all other Strike force heavyweights, and Cormier or Barnett will have a number 1 contender match; most likely with Mir.

What he really means is the UFC HW division isn't deep enough, so they are taking the Strikeforce HW division.

sadisticsoldier - What he really means is the UFC HW division isn't deep enough, so they are taking the Strikeforce HW division.

Yeah how can Dana say the sf hw division isn't deep enough... Phone Post

Basicly SF has become WEC. I am good with that, as long as marunalo is gone. A lot better than it just disaperaring. We still get a free fight every other month.

Sounds good for women's mma. Phone Post

I thought DFW has previously said that Barnett wouldn't fight in the UFC?

they reported that the winner of the SF GP will have one more fight @ SF against "a top contender" and then move to UFC

what does this mean, winner of GP vs Del Rosario?

3rdLion - I thought DFW has previously said that Barnett wouldn't fight in the UFC?

It could only help the ufc hwt div to acquire both of those guys. I hope they both make the shift Phone Post

The fans want to see Josh Barnett back in the UFC regardless of how Dana feels about him.  MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!!!

Mir vs. Barnett has to happen....it should have happened years ago and now there is a legit chance of making this fight finally happen!!!

Who do you guys think will all move over? Cormier, Bigfoot, Barnett, Kharitonov, Del Rosario, Griggs anyone else you guys think deserve to make the jump? Lavar Johnson?

Holy shit the UFC HW is going to be stacked. This is awsome

Good move imo. More of a showcase for the women too. Phone Post

Well that was the best move from the fans perspective.

The UFC HW division is now monstrous.

And Fedor is reduced to fighting ishii!

Best case scenario IMO Phone Post

This will allow the lighter weight divisions to really build up, along with the women. Plus HW fights are the easiest to market to the general audience. So being on Fox with a HW division that deep is a very, very good thing.

Barnett/Mir along with Ricco/Mir and Barnett/Ricco are all fights that should have happened years ago and never did.

All 3 at various points could have been argued to be the best American HWs.

All 3 in prime condition and at their peak of skill I think Josh barely edges the other two out on sheer well roundedness and gameness.